Looking for thigh thinning exercises

Options
My problem area is my thighs. I am just getting back into the routine of working out after taking several months off so I am currently focusing on cardio as I do not want to overdue it. However I am getting a little disappointed, I am not seeing results as fast as I would like. Does anyone have suggestions for exercises I can start adding into my cardio workouts to really thin my thighs? Thanks in advance for the help.

Replies

• lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I recently noticed mine were looking thinner, the Jillian Michaels DVD ripped in 30 really works them without bulking up, other than that I've been running... good luck!
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Instead of focusing on cardio you should mix it up with strength training also. If you have access to the gym use some of the equipment they have there. Otherwise lunges and squats will be your friend. Good luck
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you can't *just* thin your thighs, any more than you can *just* thin your abs. There's no such thing as spot weight loss. Cardio + strength training can help a person be fit all over, but I think something I was told years ago is the most accurate: "dieting makes us look good in clothes, exercise makes us look good naked."

What we eat is still more important than exercise in terms of slimming-down. Without a calorie deficit one can't lose weight. It's why I was able to train for 3 marathons and actually gain weight...it's way easy to eat oneself over that deficit. :blushing:
  • jenniferd9
    Options
    Hey all thanks for suggesting some good exercises which will definitely help me to get slimmer.
    Thanks for your suggestion they are really helpful for me.