Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Intermittent Fasting Buddies needed

Replies

• misschip1983
    misschip1983 Posts: 67 Member
    Feel free to add me I've lost 28lb so far doing this. My time window is 12pm until 8pm . this really is working for me , I've also found I have much more energy.
  • whit4288
    whit4288 Posts: 1 Member
    Please add me! I've been doing a 4:20 version of IF and have really seen my weight loss pick up. Would love friends who are on a similar journey :)
  • adawn1981
    adawn1981 Posts: 32 Member
    Add me! I'll be starting 18:6 tomorrow!
  • loobe1066
    loobe1066 Posts: 206 Member
    When drinking during the fasting can you add a small amount of skimmed milk to a mug of tea?
  • mdwillsjr
    mdwillsjr Posts: 1 Member
    I've actually committed Intermittent Fasting to may daily life just recently. I started mid to late May of this year and so far have gone from 305lbs to 275lbs. With a workout 4-5 times a week and a 8:16 protocol. (8 hour eating window and a 16 hour fast.) Most days recently I've been doing 6:18 because I usuay eat at 12 or so and stop at 6 p.m. no matter what time I started that day.
  • acmorris77
    acmorris77 Posts: 80 Member
    I do 17/7 pretty much and lost 35 since March.
  • alltheweigh170
    alltheweigh170 Posts: 287 Member
    Today is my first day on 16:8. Please add me!
  • e_baqi83
    e_baqi83 Posts: 7 Member
    Seriously began 17:7 a week ago! I workout at lunch time, eat a protien-heavy lunch right after my workout and thats usually 1pm. I continue eating till 8pm (just healthy normal food) and start the 17 hour cycle fast at that time (8pm). Between 8pm and 1pm the following day I drink water, coffee and tea without sugar/cream. In a month's time I will weigh myself again. Is there a group for IF on Myfitnesspal or just this thread? If yes, please add me.
  • reine76
    reine76 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, this is my first time on MFP and the forum. So, excuse me if I miss any protocol.
    I've been thinking about giving IF a try lately. I haven't figured out which method to use. I think I might try 16:8. Did anyone have any side effects when they first began?
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Add me! I love IF . I have been doing IF for a few months. I also walk 3x week to get extra calories to eat. I need to manage my macros better though.
  • tifflong109
    tifflong109 Posts: 40 Member
    How do i start IF and where can i learn more about it?
  • Bassma2015
    Bassma2015 Posts: 13 Member
    Hi, I do intermittent fasting 16:8 .
    I lost 11 lbs so far and still going strong.
    Add me if you want, I'll be happy to support you.
  • Cailleach_Anna
    Cailleach_Anna Posts: 20 Member
    I have been doing 16:8 for two weeks but didn't realize it had a name.
    Feel free to add me.
  • vmin95z
    vmin95z Posts: 2 Member
    Only way I can successfully diet. I fast after waking up and have a meal structure. Just started this week
  • maezombiegirl
    maezombiegirl Posts: 21 Member
    I usually push my first meal 4-8 hours after waking up, then feasting on a 1200 calorie meal lol

What do you eat for the 1200 calories? I am really stumped with getting enough fat/protein and calories in daily ( I can only do a small amount of dairy, beef and eggs).
  • maezombiegirl
    maezombiegirl Posts: 21 Member
    loobe1066 wrote: »
    When drinking during the fasting can you add a small amount of skimmed milk to a mug of tea?

I think technically if it has calories, then it breaks the fast. I have recently developed a taste for peppermint tea with NO sweetener lol.
  • kissedbythesunshine
    kissedbythesunshine Posts: 416 Member
    19/5 here. Loving it.
  • Flugelblues
    Flugelblues Posts: 19 Member
    Resurrecting this thread as I need fasting buddies too!! I'm doing 5:2 with three days at 1600 Cals added and not counting at weekends (but being mindful of portions etc). Last week was my first week and I lost 4lbs - expect it to slow down from now on. I've done 5:2 in the past and love the flexibility - you can add an extra fast day if you need it or change your days around. I also like that it teaches me I don't need to have a biscuit with coffee or that hunger isn't as scary as you think it's going to be!!
  • BarbellzNBrotein
    BarbellzNBrotein Posts: 306 Member
    This is basically my holy grail. It's engrained in me now. I usually have my first meal around 2/3 pm the stop eating around 10 give or take. Not always BANG on time.. I'm not a slave to the clock but generally that's how I eat. I always. Get shredded with this especially if I incorporate fasted HIIT cardio... It's a wrap. I encourage anyone thinking about it to just give it go for a week. I can't see how you won't like it.
  • AllanJacquesMFP
    AllanJacquesMFP Posts: 1 Member
    Hey guys, add me too!
    AllanJacquesMFP