Anyone with a "Polar A360" Fitness Watch

Options
2»

Replies

• ScubaSteve1962
    ScubaSteve1962 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    It's done through the web page, under settings, diary setting, enable negative adjustments.
  • carolgrn
    carolgrn Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    When I pull up diary settings the only thing available are "Public, private, friends only, and lock with key"
  • ScubaSteve1962
    edited June 2016
    Options
    this may be a premium feature. Do you have your Polar account linked to MFP
  • andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Carol, I have 2 basic questions for you: do you know your HRmax and VO2max? If the answer is no to either, then your A360 doesn't really know you. If you think you are actually burning fewer actual calories than those recorded , I recommend lowering your HRmax by 10, this will shift all HR zones a bit
  • carolgrn
    Options

Don't know that I have that capability - if so - don't know how
  • carolgrn
    Options
    andrikosDE wrote: »
    Carol, I have 2 basic questions for you: do you know your HRmax and VO2max? If the answer is no to either, then your A360 doesn't really know you. If you think you are actually burning fewer actual calories than those recorded , I recommend lowering your HRmax by 10, this will shift all HR zones a bit

HRmax is 151 when checked couple months ago.
    VO2max - don't know and when I research and ask 'mfp message board' about it - the general response was 'unless I am an elite athlete - it really doesn't matter' - - they say it's more of a status discussion among top athletes.
    Note: Polar has those sections fixed where they are automatic - I have to ability to change the numbers
  • ScubaSteve1962
    Options
    carolgrn wrote: »

you can do it if you are using an Apple device, doesn't work with android, or the web :-1: it's under apps, Polar Flow, once you link them, the negative adjustments should show up.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

VO2max - don't know and when I research and ask 'mfp message board' about it - the general response was 'unless I am an elite athlete - it really doesn't matter' - - they say it's more of a status discussion among top athletes.
    Note: Polar has those sections fixed where they are automatic - I have to ability to change the numbers

I'd likely think that your HRmax may be a bit higher. How did you test it?

Anyway, would not worry about VO2max as stated previously.

Your numbers suggest that you are eating on average about 1400-1500 and and have a burn estimate of 2200 for the period. Given that you've seen no loss during the period, something is off.

Check list (without criticism, its about you deciding which of these can be eliminated):

- logging is off from missed food, or mis-measured meals
    - burn is off, either over estimates from watch - for me 2200 cals occurs when I am somewhat active (male, 49, 200 lbs) to get to that I'm walking 10000-15000 steps a day, if I am just house sedentary I drop to 1900-2000.
    - How large are your exercise sessions - for me, it can be from 400-1000 per hr, but it really is dependent on effort and weight. Large burns are from running.

I agree with what is being said upstream - you can either try a short test of dropping to the 1200 range for 3-4 weeks to see if the scales move or see if you can up your day to day activity.

Possible try to move your diet to less calorie rich food if it helps with satiety, more produce .. etc. - if increasing protein while decreasing carbs a little helps, try that.

• carolgrn
    Options

you can do it if you are using an Apple device, doesn't work with android, or the web :-1: it's under apps, Polar Flow, once you link them, the negative adjustments should show up.

I do not have a phone with that access - - It only calls and texts
  • carolgrn
    Options

Your numbers suggest that you are eating on average about 1400-1500 and and have a burn estimate of 2200 for the period. Given that you've seen no loss during the period, something is off.

Check list (without criticism, its about you deciding which of these can be eliminated):

- burn is off, either over estimates from watch - for me 2200 cals occurs when I am somewhat active (male, 49, 200 lbs) to get to that I'm walking 10000-15000 steps a day, if I am just house sedentary I drop to 1900-2000.
    - How large are your exercise sessions - for me, it can be from 400-1000 per hr, but it really is dependent on effort and weight. Large burns are from running.

I agree with what is being said upstream - you can either try a short test of dropping to the 1200 range for 3-4 weeks to see if the scales move or see if you can up your day to day activity.

Possible try to move your diet to less calorie rich food if it helps with satiety, more produce .. etc. - if increasing protein while decreasing carbs a little helps, try that.

HRmax - Step text with trainer

When I raised my calorie numbers it was to increase protein. I have increased protein, but unfortunately all other macros have increased also.
    Yesterday decided to lower calorie intake to 1250 - protein 35%, carbs 35%, fat 30%
    Reasoning for protein/carb same% is that I do not have A Lot of cardio except on training days - rest of the time is lower HR exercise or sedentary

Not sure how to alter cal burn#'s - watch already states lower than mfp. Maybe don't count extra Polar calories other than exercise sessions. Sessions are largely varied - run in the 100's up to 500 per hour. Already do not count cal eaten number from burn.
    My Polar does not calculate my steps accurately. Many times I have counted to verify and steps have not altered properly - - always less. - - In fact - many times it does not show that I was standing or walking. Several times it has shown I was laying or sitting when that had not been happening.

Note: I have created a Word document w/columns to calculate Nov thru present with Calories, Carbs, Fat, Protein, Sugar, Exercise numbers - - to see if not calories or exercise - then maybe has to do with macro %s
    Hopefully will be able to see a visual difference to explain more.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

HRmax - Step text with trainer

When I raised my calorie numbers it was to increase protein. I have increased protein, but unfortunately all other macros have increased also.
    Yesterday decided to lower calorie intake to 1250 - protein 35%, carbs 35%, fat 30%
    Reasoning for protein/carb same% is that I do not have A Lot of cardio except on training days - rest of the time is lower HR exercise or sedentary

Not sure how to alter cal burn#'s - watch already states lower than mfp. Maybe don't count extra Polar calories other than exercise sessions. Sessions are largely varied - run in the 100's up to 500 per hour. Already do not count cal eaten number from burn.
    My Polar does not calculate my steps accurately. Many times I have counted to verify and steps have not altered properly - - always less. - - In fact - many times it does not show that I was standing or walking. Several times it has shown I was laying or sitting when that had not been happening.

Note: I have created a Word document w/columns to calculate Nov thru present with Calories, Carbs, Fat, Protein, Sugar, Exercise numbers - - to see if not calories or exercise - then maybe has to do with macro %s
    Hopefully will be able to see a visual difference to explain more.

Well, looks like the right steps, let's see where this leads.
  • carolgrn
    Options
    Here I go with a second problem - - My Polar just stopped acknowledging ALL activity Except "Training Sessions"
    It is giving me no information on continuing steps, distance, % of day or Total Calories Burned for day.
  • ScubaSteve1962
    Options
    Polar is having a problem with their syncing, it's supposed to be resolved today, don't reset your device. You may lose information.
  • carolgrn
    Options
    Thank you!