Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    Very cool Nitro
  • nitroalley
    nitroalley Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Tyson - I went through Great Lakes Machinest Mate School. I took boot camp in San Diego. Is it still 9 weeks?
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    nitroalley wrote: »
    anupn69fu7om.jpg
    Here you go Lynn. The enlisted mens uniform was the same as the officers back in the 70's

Nice Alan. you the man
  • IndianaGolfer
    IndianaGolfer Posts: 16,220 Member
    Options
    Tyson - I went through Great Lakes Machinest Mate School. I took boot camp in San Diego. Is it still 9 weeks?

8 weeks , he is very excited by it!!
  • MrsUptonOgood
    MrsUptonOgood Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    My son-in-law is thinking of joining the Navy....He has already served as a Marine and is hating civilian life but wants to be somewhere he can retire from.
  • MrsUptonOgood
    MrsUptonOgood Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    anupn69fu7om.jpg
    Here you go Lynn. The enlisted mens uniform was the same as the officers back in the 70's

Nice!!!
  • nitroalley
    Options
    Thanks Guys - that was a very long time ago. It is what I am shooting to get back to. Maybe I should re-up.

Nah. Let the young turks go for it. I do love watching the Coast Guard recruits training in Cape May running on the beach.
  • Mike02209
    Mike02209 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I never enlisted due to various health reasons, but I was a civilian engineer at the Naval Surface Warfare Center for quite some time before I got into the beach business. I did get to design several ship systems before I left.
  • jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Options
    126ghf34ucrz.jpeg

Made it to the beach house! Beach pics tomorrow :)
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    nice. what beach?
  • J383
    J383 Posts: 4,573 Member
    Options
    Glad you made it safe Jenjen. I'm on my way! ;)
  • Mike02209
    Options
    126ghf34ucrz.jpeg

Nice, what beach? Perhaps it is one of my signature beaches.
  • Justpeachy02
    Justpeachy02 Posts: 11,817 Member
    Options
    Nice JJ
    So jealous
  • jenjencin78
    Options
    Would rather not say in public forum...if you guys don't mind lol. I'll say that we are in between Point Pleasant and Seaside Heights :)
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    126ghf34ucrz.jpeg

beautiful
    so that's where we'll be staying when we do our Jersey shore trip?
  • jenjencin78
    Options
    Oh and all friends are welcome, we are planning a big 4th of July/Birthday celebration for my son next weekend. This is the first summer since Sandy we've been able to use the house!
  • nitroalley
    Options
    Pretty House Jen.
  • Justpeachy02
    Justpeachy02 Posts: 11,817 Member
    Options
    That would be so fun with all us normals there JJ
    Oh and all friends are welcome, we are planning a big 4th of July/Birthday celebration for my son next weekend. This is the first summer since Sandy we've been able to use the house!

• Mike02209
    Options
    Would rather not say in public forum...if you guys don't mind lol. I'll say that we are in between Point Pleasant and Seaside Heights :)

Ahh, I understand that. I didn't design that area you described, but the closest one of mine is just North of there from Manasquan Inlet to Belmar.
  • jenjencin78
    Options
    That would be so fun with all us normals there JJ

It would be a blast! I had a huge party there a few years back and it was so much fun lol. I invited 60 ppl to my sons bday party thinking no one would come bc it was 4th of July weekend...every last person showed up and we had to make several beer runs lol!