Let's Have a Normal Conversation...

Options

Replies

• Justpeachy02
    Justpeachy02 Posts: 11,817 Member
    Options
    That would be so fun with all us normals there JJ
    Oh and all friends are welcome, we are planning a big 4th of July/Birthday celebration for my son next weekend. This is the first summer since Sandy we've been able to use the house!

It would be a blast! I had a huge party there a few years back and it was so much fun lol. I invited 60 ppl to my sons bday party thinking no one would come bc it was 4th of July weekend...every last person showed up and we had to make several beer runs lol!

Oh wow!! Fun times
  • jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    126ghf34ucrz.jpeg

Made it to the beach house! Beach pics tomorrow :)

beautiful
    so that's where we'll be staying when we do our Jersey shore trip?

Mi casa es su casa!
  • LiftingLisa
    LiftingLisa Posts: 12,345 Member
    Options
    Did I hear beach party?

@jenjencin78 beautiful house!
    @tfrasur awesome pic with your son. Enjoy your time with him.

• jenjencin78
    Options
    Mike02209 wrote: »
    Would rather not say in public forum...if you guys don't mind lol. I'll say that we are in between Point Pleasant and Seaside Heights :)

Ahh, I understand that. I didn't design that area you described, but the closest one of mine is just North of there from Manasquan Inlet to Belmar.

I know the area well! The inlet near the Mantoloking bridge isn't too far from us. We are so lucky that our house is still standing. The entire first floor had to be gutted. We are on the lagoon and the bay was in our living room.
  • Mike02209
    Mike02209 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Would rather not say in public forum...if you guys don't mind lol. I'll say that we are in between Point Pleasant and Seaside Heights :)

Ahh, I understand that. I didn't design that area you described, but the closest one of mine is just North of there from Manasquan Inlet to Belmar.

I know the area well! The inlet near the Mantoloking bridge isn't too far from us. We are so lucky that our house is still standing. The entire first floor had to be gutted. We are on the lagoon and the bay was in our living room.

It was really bad up there. I live in Florida, but have designed quite a few beaches in Ny and Nj since Sandy hit. Still have several years of work to do up there.
  • jenjencin78
    Options
    bvzqj7pwow9p5.jpeg

The "backyard" lol
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    OMG ok I'm on my way
  • Justpeachy02
    Options
    Wow! So pretty
  • MrsUptonOgood
    MrsUptonOgood Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Packing my bags and booking my flight!!!!
  • LiftingLisa
    Options
    bvzqj7pwow9p5.jpeg

The "backyard" lol

Wow! Gorgeous view
  • Mike02209
    Options
    I remember that area had about 3000 "Wawa" convenience stores. I had never heard of them till I worked there, but now they are expanding into Florida. Quite possibly the nicest convenience stores I have ever been in. Plus there was a bagel shop and a pizza place on every block. You guys must really like bagels and pizza up there.
  • LiftingLisa
    Options
    I remember that area had about 3000 "Wawa" convenience stores. I had never heard of them till I worked there, but now they are expanding into Florida. Quite possibly the nicest convenience stores I have ever been in. Plus there was a bagel shop and a pizza place on every block. You guys must really like bagels and pizza up there.

I'm in Florida and the "Was a" stores have not made it into my area yet.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    lol Wawa. weird name but real. its a Jersey thing. and maybe beyond but the only place i've seen them.
  • Mike02209
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Tomk652015 wrote: »
    lol Wawa. weird name but real. its a Jersey thing. and maybe beyond but the only place i've seen them.

When I worked on the Long Island beaches it was 7-11s only for some reason, but they now have a Wawa in Tampa and Clearwater. They a giving Circle K a run for their money.
  • nitroalley
    nitroalley Posts: 3,599 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Looks as pretty as ever. I have fished and crabbed in those waters for years as a kid. Just off the island with the house on it. We had a 30' pacemaker with a flying bridge. We would go out of point pleasant to go deep sea fishing. I had a 12 foot skiff with a small outboard for the bay.
  • MrsUptonOgood
    Options
    One of these days I will do some traveling and visit all the places I've always wanted to see :)
  • LiftingLisa
    Options
    I'm with you Candy. Hopefully one day while I can still really enjoy them.
  • MrsUptonOgood
    Options
    Yes, before the need for walkers and diapers!!!
  • Mr_Stabbems
    Mr_Stabbems Posts: 4,771 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    evening all

@FrodoBaggsey what u doing in here boy!

He's one of us now. I miss his real face though-eye candy. :)

@jenjencin78

Lol I won't let you guys have him, he's my wingman. You'll have him cleaning pools and serving drinks in nothing but a own tie.
  • Justpeachy02
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Who wants to go out tonight?
    I can't stand another boring Friday night.... Lol
    Let's all meet up