Exercise Calories

Options
I'm skeptical of eating all my exercise calories. It just seems like eating so much will not help me lose weight. I usually earn about 800-1000 extra calories a day through exercise. Will eating those extras really help me lose weight? Won't it help me lose weight faster if I don't eat all of those calories?

Replies

• jazpiri
    jazpiri Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm skeptical of eating all my exercise calories. It just seems like eating so much will not help me lose weight. I usually earn about 800-1000 extra calories a day through exercise. Will eating those extras really help me lose weight? Won't it help me lose weight faster if I don't eat all of those calories?
  • kchabby76
    Options
    It will put you into a caloric deficit.
  • SteffCooley
    Options
    I am no expert, but from what I have read and heard, you should probably try to eat at least half of your exercise calories back.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    That 800-1000 is that coming from a HRM or a site? I found the sites to be very inaccurate. They said I was burning over 600 on my bike for 30 min and when I used a HRM it was actually only 250 ish. First make sure that your calories burned are accurate and then yes eat them. Your body is already at a deficit to what it actually uses so any less and it will start holding on to everything you put in it plus burn lean muscle tissue and your organs to get the extra fuel it wants instead of the fat you want it to burn. Thus starvation mode.

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary