101 Lbs lost

Options
Today I get to be the one to post this :)
It's been a long journey and one I am not finished with and am excited that the rest of my life is this way: exercising, managing what I eat and remaining in touch with what is going on with me.

The 100lbs lost 'club' feels pretty cool. I was over 300 at some point, but my "My Fitness Pal" journey started to formulate at 288. When you are at 300lbs..changing just a couple tiny things I dropped to 288 pretty fast. I knew that was just water and some fat loss so the real deal was when I started getting focused on what I needed to do.

In 2012:
  • I chose to live.
  • I surrendered and accepted the long road in front of me and started to walk forward.
  • I chose me; over my kid, my career and money, my ex husband, my friends, my family, my obligations, everything.
  • I chose life.

I am addicted to food.
I like all food. Not just sugar.
Food is my drug. No matter what the item or beverage is I want more. My throat, my brain, my stomach, my "intense need" wants more. I don't have a 'stopper'. 99% of the time if I wait just 5 minutes I can gorge more. I don't know why my body is like this and frankly I really don't care why. I care about recovering and never going back.

Sorry, I don't have full body photos. I made sure not to have those or if anyone did manage to take them..I wasn't privy to it or they'd be dealing with me..so.. :neutral:

e9219ergpazx.jpg
153dqv7734vw.jpg

I know what it is like reading these.. You don't want to hear 4 years?!?! omg that is forever.
It may not take you 4 years. I had lots of ups and downs and lots of stagnant months.

I chose many times to not be mindful of the calories or garbage I ate. Only to have to get back on plan and not lose anything for months and months.

My advise:
Cry, kick, scream, rage against the injustice of your situation. But gd-it never give up.
Wipe your mascara, get your water bottle, get your backside out the door and move.
You can cry and walk all at the same time. Trust me you are that coordinated.

At the end of the day only you can do this. Chose you. Chose life. It's so much more colorful and exciting when you do. Being normal-ish size is better. Being obese is a disease and a prison I don't wish on anyone.
Peace everyone.

Sorry the photos are huge. Don't know how to fix that.

Replies

• alltheweigh170
    alltheweigh170 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great! That is quite an accomplishment. :-) I am currently reading "The Beck Diet Solution" which is all about cognitive behavior therapy. I am very much a food addict and that book is helping me get over the sabotaging myself stage.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    SO awesome! So inspiring! So REAL!! Congrats!!
  • CatFan1019
    CatFan1019 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. You look great. I love what you said about choosing yourself. I have been choosing others for far too long and I think that is going to be the key to this change for me.
  • Tisa76
    Tisa76 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. It resonates with me soooooo much. It's so encouraging to read stories of people like me that made it to their goal. You should be so proud of yourself for going the distance, food addiction is no easy beast to slay. You look beautiful and you can see in your smile that you feel beautiful too and that's all the difference in the world! Amazing job!!
  • angstep77
    angstep77 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Love it!!!! Thanks for sharing. Well done!
  • nursecasg
    nursecasg Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, what a change! You look amazing, and your words of wisdom are super motivating. Thank you for saying exactly what I needed to hear!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. One day, it will be me.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    What a great accomplishment. Nice job and thank you for posting
  • hthr1969
    hthr1969 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of the line from the poem do not go gentle into that good night - "rage, rage against the dying of the light." You words inspire that drive to continue forward towards that dim light of hope and truth. Truth of who we really are. No matter the battle we all are stronger than we think. Congrats on your strength to endure and never give up.
  • Bartmansgarage
    Bartmansgarage Posts: 14 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

I know what it is like reading these.. You don't want to hear 4 years?!?! omg that is forever.
    It may not take you 4 years. I had lots of ups and downs and lots of stagnant months.

OlyCapitalChick, I agree everyone's time table will be different.

I started in November last year with watching what I ate. Joined a Gym in December. Lost about 20 lbs. Started using MFP in about february and so far I've lost a total of 59 lbs. I started at 345 and had not seen the bottom side of 300 n 7 or 8 years. At 53 years old It was slow going at first and Im not going nuts at the gym. Just 30 minutes of the elliptical machine and some moderate weight lifting followed by a few minutes walking if I have time. My current coal is to lose 100 lbs total bu this Christmas. 41 Lbs to go.
  • OlyCapitalChick
    OlyCapitalChick Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    @Bartmansgarage - Good Job!! Wow you are doing great! your gym regime is on point. What food plan do you follow? Low carb, low fat? etc.

• RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Okay. I have to admit that you DO look more fabulous as a thin woman -- you're gorgeous! Congratulations on your weight loss!
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    . . . LOVE that one pound over the 100, too!
  • OlyCapitalChick
    Options
    @hthr1969 Thank you. Yes! I don't know that poem all the way... but: YES! That!

@Nikion901 it can. there may be bumps and restarts. so what. keep going. failure is when you decide you can't try anymore..so you don't.

@nursecasg oh the hard work of nurses..and folks who care give..I hope you chose you first so you can care for many many people in your future.

@CatFan1019 yes it may be. it is one of the hardest things you may do. b/c its core or central to lots of issues if you are like the former me....everyone else first..including in my work life even if my boss was a complete a-hole. I was always way down the line for priority. My health wasn't even on the list of "to be prioritized"

@StacyChrz you are killing it! keep it up!

@alltheweigh170 I am going to have to check that book out. Sounds really really fascinating. Wonder if it is on audio?

@angstep77 , @nowine4me , @tisa76, @Cheesy567 Thank you for your kind words!!
  • OlyCapitalChick
    Options
    Okay. I have to admit that you DO look more fabulous as a thin woman -- you're gorgeous! Congratulations on your weight loss!

Bwahahaha you're awesome. thank you ;)
  • VioletPale
    VioletPale Posts: 12 Member
    Options

My advise:
    Cry, kick, scream, rage against the injustice of your situation. But gd-it never give up.
    Wipe your mascara, get your water bottle, get your backside out the door and move.
    You can cry and walk all at the same time. Trust me you are that coordinated.

This...This is awesome advice! So true.
    Awesome job and congratulations! :))))

• carmexaldewin87
    carmexaldewin87 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Absolutely beautiful story! I'm like you: addicted to food and soda! I went from 310 to 195 in a year a few years back but gained a lot of it back giving into my gorging ways. This time, I'm keeping on keeping on! Thank you for the inspiration!!
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Amazing and congratulations that you have joined the 100 gone club! You rock!!!
  • Mingle71
    Mingle71 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I share your struggles. In 2014 I started WW at 292.4 lbs and had lost 65 lbs. in a year. I have gained 50 lbs back. I've been struggling since March of this year, trying to lose again. I've finally figured out what works for me after trying keto diet, low carb diet not counting calories etc.. I now eat 1600 calories and eat 25% carbs instead of 50%. So far, I've lost 8 lbs in two weeks. You are absolutely beautiful and congrats on your hard work! Never give up!!! You are worth it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!