Supplements

Options
2»

Replies

• TarahByte
    TarahByte Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I drink 1/3 or 1/2 a scoop of Muscle Pharm Assault. I don't really research that stuff but my bf doesn't get low quality anything so I trust his judgment. I was taking 1/2 a caffeine pill at 5am when I get up to workout but I'd crash a few hours later. The pre-workout doesn't make me crash. Plus when I do it in the afternoons it makes me happy and I dance around between sets. Did make my hands tingly and itchy at first though.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    mizk8 wrote: »
    cgvet37 wrote: »
    I will not try most pre-workouts do to all the stimulants. I do however use Optimum Nutrition Amino Energy. It's BCAA's with caffeine. I drink mine during my workout, and it has helped me, as well as decreasing my recovery time. Supplements have their place, and if they work for you, they are not a waste.

Which flavors do you like? I am hoping for something that is not too sweet. I tend to get nauseous with stuff too sweet and that won't be helpful for my workout. Thanks!

I have had the fruit punch, strawberry lime, blue raspberry, and lemon lime. My favorite have been the blue raspberry. The fruit punch was good as well. The other two I did not care for. I don't find any of them to be overly sweet, less so than Gatorade.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    TarahByte wrote: »
    I drink 1/3 or 1/2 a scoop of Muscle Pharm Assault. I don't really research that stuff but my bf doesn't get low quality anything so I trust his judgment. I was taking 1/2 a caffeine pill at 5am when I get up to workout but I'd crash a few hours later. The pre-workout doesn't make me crash. Plus when I do it in the afternoons it makes me happy and I dance around between sets. Did make my hands tingly and itchy at first though.

The tingling was the beta alanine. I got it the first time I used assault.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I take creatine. During long workouts (90 power yoga or lifting) I drink Isopure (has electrolytes and BCAAs). I also take a glucosomine/chondroitin/MSM supplement. Other than that, based on blood tests my doc ran, I take Vitamin D, B Vitamins, Calcium/Magnesium/Zinc and iron.
  • BlondeTheHardWay
    BlondeTheHardWay Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I take a caffeine drink before workouts plus some soy protein powder. Two droppers full of B Complex liquid also. Add some tart cherry extract which helps reduce inflammation and follow every workout with ice bags on the specific joints which I am strengthening. What a help! When all is done I feel great!
  • mizk8
    mizk8 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I will not try most pre-workouts do to all the stimulants. I do however use Optimum Nutrition Amino Energy. It's BCAA's with caffeine. I drink mine during my workout, and it has helped me, as well as decreasing my recovery time. Supplements have their place, and if they work for you, they are not a waste.

Which flavors do you like? I am hoping for something that is not too sweet. I tend to get nauseous with stuff too sweet and that won't be helpful for my workout. Thanks!

I have had the fruit punch, strawberry lime, blue raspberry, and lemon lime. My favorite have been the blue raspberry. The fruit punch was good as well. The other two I did not care for. I don't find any of them to be overly sweet, less so than Gatorade.

Great thanks. A girl from the gym I go to recommended the same stuff in blue rasberry and I already take BCAA's amino acid capsules so I'm gonna check this out
  • mizk8
    mizk8 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ugh so I even find BCAA's optimum nutrition amino energy in blue raspberry to be a little too sweet! All I can do is mix with more water but then I'm getting less of the good stuff. Any flavors less sweet than blue raspberry ??
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    For BCAA's you can try Purple Wraath in the purple lemonade flavor. Not too sweet and pretty cheap.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Ugh so I even find BCAA's optimum nutrition amino energy in blue raspberry to be a little too sweet! All I can do is mix with more water but then I'm getting less of the good stuff. Any flavors less sweet than blue raspberry ??

You can try the lemon lime. It's a more tart than sweet.