Fitbit advice..,

Options
baci2222
baci2222 Posts: 21 Member
I'm keen to purchase a Fitbit, wondering what everyone thinks of them. Are they worth spending the $$$ thanks

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    There are people who love them, and there are people who don't see the necessity. I fall into the "love" category. It helps me see how active or inactive I've been and motivates me to move more, plus I get a truer sense of what I burn each day/how much I can eat.

You can go to Fitbit's website to compare the features of each one to see what you're interested in. If you just want to track steps/calories, the Zip is the most basic model. Other models will add on stair and sleep tracking, heart rate monitoring, GPS, etc.
  • baci2222
    Options
    Thank you for replying, I will visit the website and compare different models. I only want a basic one to tell me steps & calories. In Australia maybe it's the flex I need to look at.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I had the Flex for a year and I liked it a lot. Recently upgraded to the Charge HR. Love it. Since all of my exercise comes from my active life and hobbies, I think the Heart rate monitor in addition to the step count, does a better job of giving me an idea of my daily burn. The Flex was great for doing challenges with friends and really motivated me to get up and move a little more.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

baci2222 wrote: »
    Thank you for replying, I will visit the website and compare different models. I only want a basic one to tell me steps & calories. In Australia maybe it's the flex I need to look at.

I'm in Australia and started off with the zip that clips onto your bra or pants pocket. I recently upgraded to the Alta, and I love it, I got it for $169 at Target. It counts steps, calories, has a reminder to move function, automatically picks up and tracks exercise and tracks sleep. It doesn't have a HR monitor which I'm not interested in anyway. My opinion, go for the Alta over the Flex.
  • baci2222
    Options
    Thanks Christine, I think I would go the Alta way. Better off spending a little more and be happy
  • loha2328
    loha2328 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have a Charge HR and it is such a help in my quest to change my sedentary ways. Most of all it helps me know how many calories I have burned each day. In the beginning, I only got around 3,000-4,000 steps daily until I decided to meet my goal of 5 miles each day. I don't really know why it is so motivating for me, but it has got my almost 60 year old rear in gear. For me a particular model or for that matter even brand isn't so important, just some sort of tracker to get the data needed to make better health decisions.