Here we go!

sna269
sna269 Posts: 15
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Here we go, let's see if this works. I have never put myself on a diet before, I have always thought about it but never went after it. I don't want to feel restricted with food, I like food like most people do so I just decide "oh well, who cares".

I am going to try and give it my best shot this time. I hope it works.:ohwell:

Replies

• sna269
    sna269 Posts: 15
    Here we go, let's see if this works. I have never put myself on a diet before, I have always thought about it but never went after it. I don't want to feel restricted with food, I like food like most people do so I just decide "oh well, who cares".

I am going to try and give it my best shot this time. I hope it works.:ohwell:
  • Hi and welcome aboard. please remember first that what you have choosen is a lifestyle change and not a diet. a diet is a quick fix and really in the long run it doesn't solve anything, but on the other hand a lifestyle chang eis best because you will be able to stay with it for the rest of your life. that is why this site is so great. you can log everything and look back at it and see where you need to changes things that you can live with.
    Good luck on your new journey:smile:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    text_welcome_126.gif
    Be patient with yourself and you will succeed. Glad to have you on board.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi, and welcome! It's already been mentioned, but I'll say it again. MFP is NOT a diet, it's a "lifestyle change". I thought that was a bunch of crap when I started, but that's what it IS, and it's why I've been able to FINALLY lose the weight that just wouldn't come off any other way! And believe me, I tried just about everything out there, including hypnosis, TWICE! Just the word diet makes you think that you will be deprived, and therefore, eventually you'll just give up. One of the best things about MFP is that you'll discover that you CAN have "goodies" every now and then. You'll just learn how to "work" for them with watching your numbers and getting some exercise.
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:

Ditto what everyone else posted about lifestyle change vs. diet. There are healthier ways to prepare the foods you love too, be sure to check out the 'Recipe' thread. :smile:

Good luck!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    YAY! Glad you're here! :bigsmile: :heart: It'll be easier than you think. I promise.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    For me, each day was and still is a choice.

I either choose to eat high fat foods and stay unhealthy

or

I eat healthy foods and lose weight

It is about what those high fat, greasy, salty, chemical laden foods do to the inside of my body that really help me make the decision each day.

Good luck to you:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.