Replies

• mominabox
    mominabox Posts: 26
    Options
    Try Rasberry lemonaide
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Yea, I know they aren't all 5 calories but the majority are. Strawberry Banana is new, its a hunger satisfaction so if you can't eat during a period of time it kinda helps u out in that sense. Its 30 calories (so its says) but thats because it has milk and soy in it for protein. I love all the flavors, I follow them on twitter. :)

No no no, we are talking about 2 different products. I know about the Hunger Satisfaction one, that too isn't in Canada, I bought that one on vaca as well, I'm talking about the regular Strawberry Orange Banana flavour packet that is 5 cals a packet (rather than 10).

See;

Picture842.jpg
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    makes sense!!! How do u like the hunger satisfaction one? I had it for the first time yesterday. Do you think it works?
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Mary Stoddard says, "It's well documented that excitotoxins like aspartame have the reverse affect on weight. People drinking diet drinks and eating diet food will get more hungry.

This is not true for me at all.
    I don't feel hungrier after adding crystal light to my water or when I drink a diet pop.
    Quite the opposite in my experience.

Same here. But even if it did make me more hungry, it can't make me eat cheesecake instead of an apple.
  • heathersmilez
    Options
    It's definitely thicker in taste, kind of unique but still yummy. I do notice it is much more filling than just a bottle of water or CL/water. It makes a good afternoon snack at work to get you until dinner but I couldn’t imagine replacing lunch with it, it's not that substantial/hearty to do that for me.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    It's definitely thicker in taste, kind of unique but still yummy. I do notice it is much more filling than just a bottle of water or CL/water. It makes a good afternoon snack at work to get you until dinner but I couldn’t imagine replacing lunch with it, it's not that substantial/hearty to do that for me.

I wasn't hungry for 5 hours after I drank it. I had tiny food cravings but it pretty much made me full.
  • heathersmilez
    Options
    Holy pretty packaging batman!! Thanks for sharing this info!

I’m headed to Chicago next week on vaca, I will have to check these out. Thanks to the poster who mentioned they may not be with the other CL but with other drink mixes in stores. I’m crossing my fingers b/c the shipping on ebay is ridiculous!

I wonder if Walgreens would carry these? I’m staying on the Magnificent Mile and the closest Walmart is like 10 miles away or so but like all major metropolis US cities there is a Walgreens every 3rd store, LOL!

crsytallightmocktails.jpg
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    I checked their facebook on a list of stores that carry them and none of the walmarts by my house do!! I go to chicago Aug 5 so hopefully they still have them. Its for a limited time, if they don't I'll get them off of ebay.
  • swimmamum
    swimmamum Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Boy, i wish I could drink Crystal Light..I use to, but I was getting bad headaches
    and low and behold, found that it was tghe Crystal light doing it, ik mean these were so
    bad, they verged on being migraines.

Just thought thaty I would mention that to you in case that happens to you too,
    heopefully it won't, I may have been sensitive to what ever they sweeten it with
    or something IDK!

Good luck to you though on reaching all of your goals! :smile:

This is why you were having headaches. I am sorry to be a harpy, but I hate to read all these fab posts about the wonders of CL when it is so obviously dangerous to you all.

Aspartame accounts for over 75 percent of the adverse reactions to food additives reported to the FDA. Many of these reactions are very serious including seizures and death. A few of the 90 different documented symptoms listed in the report as being caused by aspartame include: Headaches/migraines, dizziness, seizures, nausea, numbness, muscle spasms, weight gain, rashes, depression, fatigue, irritability, tachycardia, insomnia, vision problems, hearing loss, heart palpitations, breathing difficulties, anxiety attacks, slurred speech, loss of taste, tinnitus, vertigo, memory loss, and joint pain.

According to researchers and physicians studying the adverse effects of aspartame, the following chronic illnesses can be triggered or worsened by ingesting of aspartame: Brain tumors, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, chronic fatigue syndrome, parkinson's disease, alzheimer's, mental retardation, lymphoma, birth defects, fibromyalgia, and diabetes.

Aspartame is made up of three chemicals: aspartic acid, phenylalanine, and methanol. The book "Prescription for Nutritional Healing," by James and Phyllis Balch, lists aspartame under the category of "chemical poison." As you shall see, that is exactly what it is.

Cited from: http://aspartame.mercola.com/
  • Incisive
    Incisive Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I stay away from CL like the plague and ANYTHING in it with toxic chemicals in them. CL has Aspertame, a know cause of brain seizures as well as a couple of other non savory chemicals. Eating clean is part of the healthy lifestyle. I drink purified water and nothing else.
  • sethteriann
    Options
    I was afraid of crystal light because of the aspartame, but found crystal light pure, which comes in several flavors. No artificial sweetners, perservatives or artificial flavors. It's sweetened with stevia. It is 15 calories a packet, but just need a little. The whole packet is too sweet. A great alternative to those not wanting the artificial sweetners.
  • heathersmilez
    Options
    I checked their facebook on a list of stores that carry them and none of the walmarts by my house do!! I go to chicago Aug 5 so hopefully they still have them. Its for a limited time, if they don't I'll get them off of ebay.

If I succeed in Chicago I'll let you know! I'm there July 9-15.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Holy pretty packaging batman!! Thanks for sharing this info!

I’m headed to Chicago next week on vaca, I will have to check these out. Thanks to the poster who mentioned they may not be with the other CL but with other drink mixes in stores. I’m crossing my fingers b/c the shipping on ebay is ridiculous!

I wonder if Walgreens would carry these? I’m staying on the Magnificent Mile and the closest Walmart is like 10 miles away or so but like all major metropolis US cities there is a Walgreens every 3rd store, LOL!

crsytallightmocktails.jpg

Oh my, I want those!
  • swimmamum
    Options
    I stay away from CL like the plague and ANYTHING in it with toxic chemicals in them. CL has Aspertame, a know cause of brain seizures as well as a couple of other non savory chemicals. Eating clean is part of the healthy lifestyle. I drink purified water and nothing else.

Right on! We have to be HEALTHY! Not just skinny. What a waste of time to work hard, get thin and then be seriously ill.

We all live in this world where we think nothing bad will happen to ME, but honestly it has to happen to someone, why not ME?

Stevia also has risks, but has naturally been around longer. It comes from a plant, but goes through chemical changes before they add it to foods. Check out all studies on everything you want to add to your food.

I feel like a real downer. I'm sorry, but I hate that the corporations are allowed to market this dangerous crap to us, just because they know how desperate we are to be skinny. They don't care if we're healthy, they just want to make money. For those who think, They wouldn't sell it, if it's gonna hurt me, think again. Doctors used to tell women if they wanted to not gain weight while pregnant to increase their smoking, or to start smoking. My mother smoked when she was pregnant because her doctor told her to. She was a non-smoker before. It took her 6 years to quit. Imagine the damage that MEDICAL doctor could have caused.
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    You can say all you want about artificial sweeteners, but they are safer than the long term side effects of obesity, like diabetes, high blood pressure, or high cholesterol! I have lost over 100 lbs and have had it off now for 3 yrs. My diet includes artificial sweeteners, like crystal lite, diet soda, sugar free syrup, light yogurt and light ice cream. I eat artificial sweeteners on a regular basis every day of my life. It helps control calorie intake.....doesn't make me more hungry, and if I am, I eat! What a concept?? I will continue to use artificial sweeteners to manage my weight...the only time when I start to gain weight is when I incorporate Little Debbies or other high calorie foods, again, what a concept? Calories in, Calories out = weight loss!! (or weight gain if it is going the other way!)

Let us enjoy our discussion on Crystal Lite please! Thank you!!!

Hi all,

My sister loves CL, too. I have to voice my opinion on this. It contains a dangerous chemical. If you really need flavour in your water, you are better to mix up a big jug of water with slices of oranges, maybe a few strawberries thrown in. There is only 16 calories in a teaspoon of raw cane sugar, so you can add a few of those and you've got healthier flavoured water.

Sorry to be such a poopy pants, but I want us all to be healthy, not just skinny!!!

Check out this link to read about the dangers of CL and other artificially sweetened stuff.

http://www.naturodoc.com/library/nutrition/aspartame.htm

AND:

Mary Stoddard says, "It's well documented that excitotoxins like aspartame have the reverse affect on weight. People drinking diet drinks and eating diet food will get more hungry. The FDA no longer allows manufacturers of diet supplement drinks and foods containing aspartame to label them as weight reduction products, but requires that they be labeled as diet drink or diet food. A study of 80,000 women who use sweeteners were evaluated through the Centers for Disease Control. It was found that they gained rather than lost weight using artificial sweeteners."
  • swimmamum
    Options
    You can say all you want about artificial sweeteners, but they are safer than the long term side effects of obesity, like diabetes, high blood pressure, or high cholesterol! I have lost over 100 lbs and have had it off now for 3 yrs. My diet includes artificial sweeteners, like crystal lite, diet soda, sugar free syrup, light yogurt and light ice cream. I eat artificial sweeteners on a regular basis every day of my life. It helps control calorie intake.....doesn't make me more hungry, and if I am, I eat! What a concept?? I will continue to use artificial sweeteners to manage my weight...the only time when I start to gain weight is when I incorporate Little Debbies or other high calorie foods, again, what a concept? Calories in, Calories out = weight loss!! (or weight gain if it is going the other way!)

Let us enjoy our discussion on Crystal Lite please! Thank you!!!

Congratulations! That's awesome. I do hope you keep the weight off. And you're right, obesity is very dangerous. But artificial sweeteners, EVERY DAY???!!! They are NOT safer than obesity. Who told you that?

I wouldn't post if I didn't care. I have a special needs son and two other children. He will need a lot of help when he gets older. I choose exercise to keep me healthy, not artificial sweeteners. I'd rather be a bit overweight than brain-damaged.

I'm done speaking and will no longer post enlightening comments in an attempt to help. You're all obviously going to ignore the dangers and keep on drinking. That's a darn shame.
  • miss_ally08
    miss_ally08 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    i used to drink Crystal Light a lot. I like the Orange Sunrise and Cherry Limeade. I know it has aspartame in it though so I stopped drinking it. I drink SmartWater now like 24/7 and I love it.

However, my grandpa always told me - you can enjoy anything in moderation :) So, if you like CL and you feel its helping you loose weight, then by all means, way to go! & if you don't like CL, well that's good too.

Either way, this is supposed to be a support site and although everyone is entitled to their own opinions, people are still human beings at the end of the day and will act how they want to, therefore you can either support them or leave them be.

Just my two cents :)
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    I just drink it cuz I like it. When you drink it for substitute it for something or drink it a lot that when u get health problems. Don't freak out cuz we like it. Its not like we rely on it 24.7.
  • gregthegroove
    Options
    Hi,
    Boy, i wish I could drink Crystal Light..I use to, but I was getting bad headaches
    and low and behold, found that it was tghe Crystal light doing it, ik mean these were so
    bad, they verged on being migraines.

Just thought thaty I would mention that to you in case that happens to you too,
    heopefully it won't, I may have been sensitive to what ever they sweeten it with
    or something IDK!

Good luck to you though on reaching all of your goals! :smile:

Sounds like its the Aspartame sweetner. Lots of people get headaches on aspartame. Luckily im not one
  • gregthegroove
    Options
    I like CL also. It helps me drink the gallon of water a day that is my goal. I dont use the whole amount though. I use one little packet that has 20 calories total for the whole day just to subtly flavor my water.