Seffell Posts: 2,242 Member
    @Psychgrrl
    I was taking it for insomnia.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    @Psychgrrl

That totally makes sense! That stuff works better than Ambien! Holy Lights Out, Batman!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    @Psychgrrl

That totally makes sense! That stuff works better than Ambien! Holy Lights Out, Batman!

Really? I take 50mg twice a day and it doesn't make me sleepy at all.
  • mjvdz
    mjvdz Posts: 12 Member
    mjvdz wrote: »
    Thank you all so much for all the responses. It's very nice to hear different opinions and all of you seems right about weighing the food rather than using a cup or a spoon.

I have come to different conclusions that maybe hypothyroid and maybe anti histamines etc..
    I've probably under estimate the food that i'm taking
    I bought a food scale and will start to weigh my food intake and i've downloaded different calorie counter app to triple check the amount of calories i'm eating.
    I weigh a peeled banana and 100 grams is about 90-92 calories. I'll see for a week if this will work.

Regarding the HRM i did some research on how it maybe over estimating my burns.. I'm still not sure about it.. But today i did a workout with a bpm 175-191 for 45 mins doing high intensity workout hrm says i burned about 600 kcals not so sure about it since i already think that the hrm over estimate my burns.

I've doubled check the data i've input (weight, height age and max heart rate) it all seems correct.

Thanks again for all the responses

That's an insanely high burn for 45 minutes of work for a 150lb female. I'm 20lbs heavier than you and I only get 300 odd for intense work for that amount of time. Your burn will be lower because you're smaller. Are you sure you have your HRM set up correctly with your height and weight?

I just checked my burn from two days ago as that was about 45 minutes. It was 389 and I leave a daily buffer of around 100 calories for burn and logging inaccuracies so in reality I don't eat all of those calories (well, that's the theory, damn EU referendum making me eat my feelings this week).

Yes i'm sure it was set up correctly.. I always check before workouts to make sure the data is correct. I'm thinking maybe the fat burner i'm taking before workout it's stimulant and it makes my heart rate up a little more not to a point that i'm jittery and shaking. I don't know but that's the number it's given me. Now i deduct 50% of the calories i burned and log it to make sure i don't go overvoard with the food but it's a dillema to me.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,853 Member
    @mjvdz careful with those heartrate monitors. They only work for steady state cardio, and only work if you know your maximum heartrate. The fact that you could workout for up to 191bpm suggests that your maximum heart rate might be a lot higher than the equation 220-age (standard settings of that monitor) suggest. If your maximum HR is much higher than your monitor is giving you much higher calorie burns that you should have. Mind you, if I use my HR data without correcting it, my running calories are more than twice as high!