Weightloss Tattoo Ideas?

Options
ramos10_2
ramos10_2 Posts: 73 Member
Hi everone, so far I have lost over 75lbs and once i hit the -100lbs mark I want to get a tattoo that would symbolize this journey, as it is, and will continue to be a huge part of my life. I'm reaching out to you for any ideas on weightloss tattoos that you have seen or that you personally have. I would appreciate any input, thanks!

Replies

• JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a pair of Apollo wings on both ankles. Getting it done four weeks before my first marathon

Not to be nitpicky but do you mean Mercury/Hermes?
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I wanted to get a tattoo at my 100 pound mark but what do you get? I'm interested to see what people suggest! Awesome work on the 75 pounds!
  • ramos10_2
    ramos10_2 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I wanted to get a tattoo at my 100 pound mark but what do you get? I'm interested to see what people suggest! Awesome work on the 75 pounds!
    Im definitely having a hard time trying to come up with something pretty yet meaningful that would encompass 100lb weightloss!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I want one that just says "Body by hard work and determination".
  • agzram
    agzram Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Google search phoenix or chrysalis both have strong transformation meanings kind of out of the ashes of your old unfit self you are reborn.....into a new better version of yourself.

Good luck like another poster mentioned it's totally personal!
  • CaliforniaAJ
    CaliforniaAJ Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Every time I get in a lift (and I know I should be taking the stairs!), I see those 'Maximum weight 250kgs' or similar. I did think, for just a second, about having 'Maximum weight ***lbs' tattooed on my butt when I reach my goal weight (yet to be determined).

Humorous, but perhaps not what you were looking for ;-)
  • bhanvi
    bhanvi Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Apollo didn't have wings. :#
  • jessiethe3rd
    jessiethe3rd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm getting two sleeves. Full work from chest over should to my elbows. I would like to cover up two pieces on my arms... that is a long time away. My goal is 10% BF and I have 17% more to lose to get there.
  • FutureThoughts
    FutureThoughts Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I've said for years that I'd get a tattoo at the 100lbs lost mark!! My thoughts were something about a C-Note - something about 100 without being obvious. A play on the romant numeral and a music note, maybe. But im not actually musical so I feel like it's kind of posing and so I continue to think on it. (I also have a very long way to go to achieve it! Lol)

I like the stars idea too!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Now you're making me want one....
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    ramos10_2 wrote: »
    Im definitely having a hard time trying to come up with something pretty yet meaningful that would encompass 100lb weightloss!

I am thinking sunflowers, always looking towards the light
  • Shaniel6878
    Shaniel6878 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I want to get a butterfly metamorphosis cycle done around my upper arm when I am done with my weight loss, its all about transformation
  • underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    What about two birds. One sitting, and the next one flying off to represent your journey as you sail into it and never look back
  • shawnfugettslosingit
    Options
    I was thinking after I lose my hundred pounds and get my skin removed I will get a tattoo over my scar
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    First off let me say congrats on your incredible loss so far but I would not get a tattoo, I'd be afraid I'd regret it down the road but that's just me. I don't have any tattoos (or piercings for that matter) nor do I ever want any but your free to do what you will, it will be a monumental occasion that calls for some kind of commemoration and celebration.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!