I moved for one hour - after so many years of sitting.

Options
124»

Replies

• mylifeisbeautiful
    mylifeisbeautiful Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Wonderful story! Must feel fantastic :)
  • cookma423
    cookma423 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    This is a great story! Everyone who EVER got back into shape has started with ONE step. ONE workout. Just remember the your feeling of victory today through the tough times, and there won't be anything that can stop you.

Congratulations!!
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic post! That's one of the best things I've ever read here on MFP.

• tia530
    tia530 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Great story, even better inspiration and job!
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    This is definitely the right place to post, that is real success.

I think it's fantastic to have really concrete measurable goals - more than just the number on the scale, being able to say I planned to drink more water, move for 30 mins, eat veggies with every meal, plan my meals for a whole week, dance like a crazy thing, mow the lawn... and then to say I DID IT is fabulous!

PS. don't panic if you are a bit stiff tomorrow, doing a whole lot of moving when you aren't used to it might be a bit of a shock to your system! Have a nice warm shower, then keep moving tomorrow - walking is fabulous, you don't have to mow the lawn every day!
  • jibeirish
    jibeirish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    thats fantastic! well done! :D
  • Kelleygirl79
    Kelleygirl79 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I think you scored a HUGE VICTORY!!! Congratulations and keep on doin THAT!!
  • TheHappyLoser
    TheHappyLoser Posts: 95 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Thank you all

• Goddesskat
    Goddesskat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    CatFan1019 wrote: »
    That's awesome. Great job! Keep up the great work!

That's awesome. I understand exactly what you are saying as I haven't moved in many years either. And last year, I was not able to move even if I wanted to as I tore all the cartilage in my left knee and am awaiting a surgeon. For the past month, I started to walk with a friend who wasn't moving either. I found my knee could take the 2 mile walk that we did. I was sweaty and really puffed out from it though. I told my self, no excuses. So when we were to walk again it was pouring rain. I said no excuses and said let's go. We are walking 3 miles now and it's going a little easier. I started three days ago resistance walking at the Ocean in the water to build up my leg power. It's been hot and sticky here, so I found a way to stay cool and walk still. You look amazing and I'm hoping that this will make me tow the line this time to take better care of me. You certainly inspired me today. Thanks a million. <3
  • igomez612
    igomez612 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! that is so awesome!! Good for you!! You did win!!! Congratulations!! I know that feeling! I wasn't able to cut my own grass 3 yrs ago either, but now I can & it feels great when you're done!! I am still very heavy, but I am stronger and know I can do it!! Stay strong & keep going:)
  • soufauxgirl
    soufauxgirl Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration and yes you have definitely posted in the right place! Keep believing in yourself you have made many of us very proud. Gosh darn it I welled up a bit reading your post :blush: We are all behind you and we have ALL been there - that very first step. You got this girl well done!
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! Good for you!! You did it. Made me smile. Wishing you continued success. :)
  • katielynn107
    katielynn107 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Way to work!
    One random hour of mowing turns into one purposefully positive food choice, then another purposefully sweaty hour multiple times per week, then on to bigger, better things! Awesome job!
  • KimiAR
    KimiAR Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Honest hard work. Nothing beats it. I love mowing for that reason. Very satisfying congrats. I hope you have many more days of mowing in front of you--cooler ones too
  • DEBOO7
    DEBOO7 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You must be so proud of yourself, and rightly so.
    I just woke up one day and 'bang' started going to the pool a few times a week and then adjusted my eating. I was overweight but no health issues as such.... not sure what happened. Hadn't been thinking about it. 2+ years on and 35kg down.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    You are truly inspiring. I'm just beginning after a long absence from exercising. I just sent you a friend request and would love to cheer you on. You have determination and you will make it.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! Your determination is inspiring and motivates me to try harder! Congrats on you awesome NSV!
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration you are. I'm so proud of your achievement because I think that is harder than climbing Everest. The mental and physical challenge that you have overcome to achieve that is immense. So grateful you shared this. To even start that task is huge but to keep on and see it through is brave and courageous and superhuman. Big hug
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!