Detox teas

Options
I'm wondering what everyone's thoughts are on detox teas? Been looking at various ones in health shops and there's just so many to choose from! The prices also range from reasonable to astronomical, and of course there's all these 'celebrity endorsements' though I'm not likely to be swayed by a skinny model type advertising a weight loss supplement lol!

Anyway - detox/slimming teas, which ones and do they actually have any effect on weight loss?

Replies

• DaniCanadian
    DaniCanadian Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    The only thing they lighten is your bank account. Our bodies naturally get rid of toxins and good old cico with exercise will give you the slimming. If you want to drink teas do it for the flavor and not for the bs claims.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Poop tea. If you like to poop excessively I guess you could take one, but poop isn't fat loss and laxative abuse is a dangerous habit to get into.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Socially acceptable laxative abuse.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I find them sad.
    Snake oil for the 21st century.
  • wee_challa
    wee_challa Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow it all sounds a bit crazy doesn't it? I won't bother haha :-1:
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    wee_challa wrote: »

Awesome! You can certainly reduce your weight without them. Best of luck!
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options

Yeah I wouldn't either, I watched a clip on Dr. Oz about them and he was saying the same things. Look into Matcha, I started taking it a couple of weeks ago and I'm going to continue to keep taking it.
  • michellemiler
    michellemiler Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    certainly teas have many secrets, but you need to choose the correct one, I am using beyond weight management tea, although I am into workouts as well but I have managed to lose my weight up to 48 lbs in 18 months,and I think it is a great achievement, because I didn't go for any diet plan. cutting off your routine food intake may put some adverse effects if you cant carry it for long.
  • suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Options

Yeah I wouldn't either, I watched a clip on Dr. Oz about them and he was saying the same things. Look into Matcha, I started taking it a couple of weeks ago and I'm going to continue to keep taking it.

There's nothing special about green tea either....
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    certainly teas have many secrets, but you need to choose the correct one, I am using beyond weight management tea, although I am into workouts as well but I have managed to lose my weight up to 48 lbs in 18 months,and I think it is a great achievement, because I didn't go for any diet plan. cutting off your routine food intake may put some adverse effects if you cant carry it for long.

If you lost weight it is because you were in a calorie deficit, not because you drank tea. Tea is just leaf water.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    I went through many a fad phase of unhealthy (hasty) loss at both my bigger end of the spectrum, and also close to Gw. I have used 3 different "detox" teas and each one was supposed to do the same, appetite suppression and detox. Nahh, just made me crap a lot. Tummy cramps after eating then bad bowl movements for a month. (I'm not talking horrific, but clearly not normal and definately not a happy body) and took a while to settle down again. I may have lost 'more' weight but is it worth the damage to your body?? Not for me.

Just trust your calorie counting. nourish your body. Don't be hasty or in a rush. Reward your body and it will reward you back .good luck!!!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I just do the Green Tea from Wal-Mart to reduce inflammation. The kidneys, liver, lungs and skin seemed to do a good job of detoxing after I got off all processed foods.
  • st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I drink some pretty expensive detox tea sometimes and it definitely won't make you lose weight but it helps a lot with bloating which is why I drink it! It's a hassle though because I have to drink it 2/3 times a day 30 minutes after eating.