Curvy or thin

Options

Replies

• rennickm1986
    rennickm1986 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    In all earnestness, I'm betting the negative comments came from women since, from my experience, women are the most vicious people to women. The negative comments usually come from women who hate that you look better than them or men that hate that they couldn't date you. Assuming you are a heterosexual woman, let me speak on behalf of most men by saying how much we don't care. Based on thosr pictures, only 1% of men are going to reject you for not being curvy enough, so the odds are on your favor. If health is your concern: look up your BMI. Ask yourself is your BMI drastically low? Do you feel lethargic or always irritable? Are you having issues with your feminine cycle? Are you having issued getting a variety of nutrients? If the answer is no to these do what you're doing and ignore people that hate you for being better.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't say curvy but I wouldn't say stick either. A nice in between.
    If you're not happy perhaps you could start lifting.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    synacious wrote: »
    I usually bite my tongue, or hold back my fingers, in cases like this but after seeing all the photos here I feel like I have to type this. If you really want feedback on your body from strangers, you should post straightforward photos like stated earlier in the thread. Almost every one of these photos is angled or has you contorting your body in certain ways to achieve your most flattering angles. This is why some people are taking this as a "fish for compliments" thread more than a "be honest with me" thread. That's not to say you don't look good! You're at a healthy weight, you have a soft look as stated earlier in the thread, and you have what seems to be a symmetrical face with minimal acne. For most people, that's really all it takes to be more than average on the attractive scale. You'll be a stick to some, curvy to some, and neither for others. As long as you're happy with yourself, that's what matters.

Well said.
  • FabianMommy
    FabianMommy Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    In all earnestness, I'm betting the negative comments came from women since, from my experience, women are the most vicious people to women. The negative comments usually come from women who hate that you look better than them or men that hate that they couldn't date you. Assuming you are a heterosexual woman, let me speak on behalf of most men by saying how much we don't care. Based on thosr pictures, only 1% of men are going to reject you for not being curvy enough, so the odds are on your favor. If health is your concern: look up your BMI. Ask yourself is your BMI drastically low? Do you feel lethargic or always irritable? Are you having issues with your feminine cycle? Are you having issued getting a variety of nutrients? If the answer is no to these do what you're doing and ignore people that hate you for being better.

Not necessarily all negative comments from women, I think she looks great!
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    If I could pick a favorite BMI yours would be the one I would like for me to end up with that is not too thick or too thin. I would like to look good in a bikini again one of these days. Some people prefer low body fat and a more athletic, muscular build and others prefer a softer and curvier shape. As others mentioned "curvy" in most people's minds means "plus" sized so you won't be considered that in the general public, IMO, because you are in the normal BMI and Missy sizing.
  • Elaina291
    Elaina291 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    From my perspective, you look very healthy and average size. Not too thin and not too curvy. Immediately looking at you I wouldn't say curvy, but I do see that you have some curves. But I will say not everyone is going to think the same way I do. Some will probably think you look a bit thin (mostly women who are insecure with their own bodies or men who like the plus size types), others a bit too curvy (mostly men who like frail looking women), but I would take a guess that most people (the practical and realistic) would say you look like you're at your ideal weight, size, and shape.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    synacious wrote: »
    ...You're at a healthy weight, you have a soft look as stated earlier in the thread, and you have what seems to be a symmetrical face with minimal acne. For most people, that's really all it takes to be more than average on the attractive scale. You'll be a stick to some, curvy to some, and neither for others. As long as you're happy with yourself, that's what matters.
    Wisdom. How I feel about myself has shifted. I'm 30 pounds heavier than I was years ago. I am more comfortable now that my body has some miles on it than I ever was when I had a great body. I was always insecure and thought I was fat back then when I really was just fine. I would give OP benefit of the doubt rather than assume she is fishing for complements.

Now I'm happy to have what I do and appreciate life so much more. There are other things that are far more pressing in life to deal with as time ticks by. I'm happy that I have come to this place of acceptance. If I lose weight, great. If I don't I will still be thankful and make the best of it. (But I will!)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I think a bigger concern is why you a posting images of yourself online for validation? Validation comes from within, I think the sooner you get this the happier you will be. You're a healthy weight, you know this, that is all that should matter. Don't waste your youth comparing yourself to others or living for outside opinions, it's not productive or healthy.

Totally this.

What adjective someone else uses to describe you ("curvy", "stick-like", "purple", whatever) is all about how their head works, not about how your body is.

If you're healthy and strong, and know you're at a good weight for you (which includes how you prefer to look, within a healthy range of weights), then all is well.

You don't need validation from strangers (or friends). Work on being the best you you can be, liking/appreciating that self, and generally being healthy - physically, mentally, and emotionally.
  • Obnoxa
    Obnoxa Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Curvy tends to be reserved for those with a more pronounced hourglass figure. Your build is typically referred to as "athletic", which is a great category to be in, and a highly coveted build onto itself. Olive Oil is a "stick", you're not a stick.
    But that being said, you're young enough to know that you don't have to be holding a sign asking the Reddit community to roast you in order to feel the sting of internet criticism. And there's nothing the faceless masses of the web love more than tearing down anyone they think might not already hate themselves. So I wouldn't take the judgement very personally; they're meaningless strangers whose opinions should mean nothing.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you're feeling insecure

I assume these photos are from your IG account and you have already received positive affirmation

So yes you are beautiful

Now taking your request at face value ...take your measurements, if your waist is 0.7 your hips and boobs you're traditional hourglass ..the definition of curvy

Hope that's enough for you
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Even lying down I can see you have nice pert boobs, and a slim waist, that alone means you got some curves! I would say you are a pretty standard description of gorgeous and hey, if you posted that on here to hear that, then there you go because I'd be saying it even if it was on another theme :)
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Eh, I don't know what else I can say that hasn't already been said.

You're fine. Who the hell cares what others classify you as? Everyone has different interpretations of what curvy, thin, stick, athletic etc means.

I've been called manly, athletic, slim, etc all with my current body. I've also been told I need to cut down weight to emphasize my muscle more. Others tell me to stop working out while some tell me I need to lift heavier. See how there are many variations and criticisms to my body? However, I'm happy with my body despite what others say.

Point being, be happy with yourself and stop trying to look for external validation for your body. People will always critique your physique, especially since you are a woman.
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    stop worrying about labeling your body and just enjoy being an attractive woman with a great body.
  • BiggDaddy58
    BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'd say attractive..thin or curvy..as long as you feel good about yourself. Confidence is attractive.

caj1g4x4nmxl.jpg
    1w1.jpg 117.7K
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I've been told irl that I have no hips...I don't let it bother me at all...
  • thunder1982
    thunder1982 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Its hard to tell from the photos if your what I would call curvy, a straight on full length photo with no posing/twisting would have made it easier to tell. Generally looking at hip to waist ratio but also looking at shape of legs. Your legs look different in the photos due to angles or maybe they were over a period of time.

But from what I can see you neither stick thin or curvy. I agree with the term slim. I dont think you look athletic although thats a hard one, I would expect to see a little more muscle definition on the arms but your stomach definition does lean towards that term. But again thats personal perspective.

But I do agree with comments its about what makes you happy with you body is whats important not what others think. You have a great body that many people would love to have but what counts is if you are happy with it.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    I've been told irl that I have no hips...I don't let it bother me at all...

Just judging from your profile pic, I'd say whoever said that was wrong, too. I don't get where people come up with this stuff.

Then again, I had a friend once tell me I have bird legs, while everyone else says she's nuts. Go figure.
  • lexylondon
    lexylondon Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Slim not stick thin not curvy but you got boobs so that's curvy? Also who cares...your obviously confident enough to take a heal of selfies so who cares what they define it as? Just words...