Jamie Eason's Livefit Trainer

Options
MaxT370
MaxT370 Posts: 274 Member
As I was browsing through bodybuilding.Com last night I came across this 12 week program, it contains 3 phases, has a meal plan, clean eating, high and low carb days, etc.

I was just curious if anyone here is familiar with it and if so what your thoughts were.
I'm looking to tone up and build more muscle to burn fat.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-trainer.html

Replies

• honesty71108
    honesty71108 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i was thinking to start that too, but ive decided to do stronglifts first for three months, then after that i am starting live fit....
  • MaxT370
    Options
    What's stronglifts? I've heard lots of people talking about it.
  • chab2
    chab2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've done Jamie's program and loved it!
    The first phase is not too hard, but phase two and three really push you.
    I learnt a lot about how hard I need to work in the gym, as opposed to just going through the motions.
    The nutrition part is great too - lots of good recipes.
  • MaxT370
    Options
    chab2 wrote: »
    I've done Jamie's program and loved it!
    The first phase is not too hard, but phase two and three really push you.
    I learnt a lot about how hard I need to work in the gym, as opposed to just going through the motions.
    The nutrition part is great too - lots of good recipes.

I did phase 1, day 1 today and really liked it! I'm going to continue mixing HIIT though, it's super fun to me. Also, made her sweet and sour chicken recipe for dinner tonight and oh my was it good! Best meal I've had all month!

If you don't mind, what kind of progress/changes did you see in the end?
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I did this program when I first started lifting and it was just ok. Afterwards I did strong curves and progressed much farther in one month on that than the entire livefit program. I would recommend doing a full body program at first to get your base strength up before doing splits.
  • MaxT370
    Options
    I did this program when I first started lifting and it was just ok. Afterwards I did strong curves and progressed much farther in one month on that than the entire livefit program. I would recommend doing a full body program at first to get your base strength up before doing splits.

Any suggestions or recommendations? I'm completely new to lifting so I'd love as much help as I can get. My overall goal is to build muscle and tone up, continuing to burn fat. I've lost 52 pounds so far but don't feel I have much to show for it. Thank you in advance!
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Eason's workout is not good for beginners, regardless of what she claims. More on that here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/36328587/#Comment_36328587

New Rules of Lifting for Women is popular here. Or hire a trainer and get a customized workout. :+1:
  • MaxT370
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    Eason's workout is not good for beginners, regardless of what she claims. More on that here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/36328587/#Comment_36328587

New Rules of Lifting for Women is popular here. Or hire a trainer and get a customized workout. :+1:

Ahh, thank you for the information.