I loss my spouse to illness.

Options
I loss my husband to a rare form of cancer one month ago. I am depressed and grieving hard. Then I realized that I needed to take care of myself before our kids are left with no parents at all. So join me in regaining my health @SmartSysta.

Replies

• pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    So sorry. Please add me if you'd like. I'm on everyday. :)
  • fairymine
    fairymine Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss! I would love to help motivate you! Add me.
  • fightingweight155
    fightingweight155 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. You are on the right path to regain your health. <3
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Im so sorry for your loss.
    I lost my aunt about a year and a half ago. She apparently had a unknown type of blood cancer. As far as I know her diagnose was "it's sorta like this but it's not and it's sorta like this but it's not." It was hard to lose my aunt I can't imagine a spouse.
    Sending hugs.
  • SmartSysta
    SmartSysta Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you @Rottified I appreciate your condolence. He was 39, and had small bowel adenocarcinoma. He lasted a year to the date. I am so grateful for the time we spent together. It would have been 21 years in July, 2016.
  • SmartSysta
    Options
    Thanks @fightingweight155 I appreciate the support.
  • SmartSysta
    Options
    Thanks @fairymine I appreciate the support and I will.
  • SmartSysta
    Options
    Thanks @Lynzdee18 I appreciate your support and I will.
  • SmartSysta
    Options
    Thanks @pie_eyes I appreciate the condolence.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    sorry for your loss, sending positive and healing vibes your way.also lots of luck as you can do this!
  • KetoTeacher
    KetoTeacher Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss... Sent invite
  • msalicia116
    msalicia116 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry! Here for you.
  • FindingLiz016
    FindingLiz016 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your families lost :'( I'm here if needed!!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • Joat8
    Joat8 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Best to you, my sister!
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry. <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    :'(
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    SmartSysta wrote: »
    Thank you @Rottified I appreciate your condolence. He was 39, and had small bowel adenocarcinoma. He lasted a year to the date. I am so grateful for the time we spent together. It would have been 21 years in July, 2016.

@SmartSysta did he have Crohn's disease? Just curious as this raises the risk of this cancer :( sorry for your loss.
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I am So Sorry for this loss, SmartSysta, I understand -- a little, at least. My first husband was killed in a plane accident when he was exactly 29-1/2 years old. We were younger, so our marriage only 7.5 years long, but we had two children.
    I learned to throw myself into rearing my children alone, trying to be both mother and father. I failed miserably at being "father," and I did a lot of other things wrong, but I did a whole lot of stuff right, too. They are both in their forties now; they are parents of three great children each, great citizens, good-all-around people who are loving. But kind of report is way down the road from your today.
    Let me say this, however: use your own bootstraps to pull yourself out of any quagmires you fell into. Just my experience, so it doesn't count for everyone (I hope not you, but people often forget to help when we are in even this kind of need. The church was not at all there for me, except for one man who took a little interest in my son for a couple years. My family was scattered across the nation, . . . etc. What got done was done by me, until I remarried 10 years later.
    I hope that doesn't discourage you; that was my experience and a bit of a warning. But it made me strong!