Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Losing weight so little and so slow

DjayTM
DjayTM Posts: 3 Member
I've been dieting for almost 4 months on and off tbh the "off" was only because i had final exams and couldn't concentrate at both. But i'm back at it again for a month now and dammit my weight loss is sooo slow. I've been working out and mainly not eating any carbs so i decided to change my diet starting tomorrow with 1000-1200 calories a day (including carbs)! Cardio and resistance. Any additional advice? Comment plz or friend me

Replies

• themagicalmatt
    themagicalmatt Posts: 39 Member
    You won't really start seeing a speed up of results until around month 3 realistically
  • scottkjar
    scottkjar Posts: 346 Member
    Do you know your TDEE yet? Have you counted your caloric intake? It takes 3,500 calories to make a pound of body weight, so it takes a 3,500 calorie deficit to lose a pound. If your deficit is, say, 100 calories per day, you lose a pound in 35 days. Calculate your TDEE, take a good look at your caloric intake, and make adjustments accordingly. But remember, you want to make long-term choices, not short-term choices. A slow consistent loss is better than a quick loss followed by a quicker gain.
  • DjayTM
    DjayTM Posts: 3 Member
    scottkjar wrote: »
    Do you know your TDEE yet? Have you counted your caloric intake? It takes 3,500 calories to make a pound of body weight, so it takes a 3,500 calorie deficit to lose a pound. If your deficit is, say, 100 calories per day, you lose a pound in 35 days. Calculate your TDEE, take a good look at your caloric intake, and make adjustments accordingly. But remember, you want to make long-term choices, not short-term choices. A slow consistent loss is better than a quick loss followed by a quicker gain.

Thank you. That was really helpful