super slow weightloss despite being healthy

120poundstogo
120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
OK so I slimmed down 40 pounds last August. But the weight loss has come to a halt since the beginning of the year and it is beyond the
Normal slow it is just not budging. Everyone on here is losing weight so fast so they say but it is actually very discouraging. I took a month off from exercise I don't like intense so maybe that's what it is. I have a hunch its the exercise cause that's what made me losethe 40 pounds iI have 120 to go.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    How accurate is your calorie counting? Food scale to weigh everything? Pick the right entries from the database? Do you adjust your intake when not exercising? Your diary is not open, it will be hard to give anymore insight!
  • ofcsfoster36
    ofcsfoster36 Posts: 50 Member
    It can mean a number of things. The decline in exercise can be an issue. You may need to readjust your calorie goal. I would try the exercise then look at the calories.
  • alexwalters11
    alexwalters11 Posts: 1 Member
    You go girl!!! You know the answer...the only way to make YOU...that lean mean machine...is to do weight resistance exercises and cardio. Build up the muscle and the pounds will melt off...if you eat right too!!!
    Good Luck!!
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    I do not find high intensity exercise necessary for my weight loss. Consistency is the key. I walk 6/7 days or I bike. Each time is anywhere from 30 minutes to over an hour. Persistence is the key.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Have you had MFP adjust your calorie goal since you lost 40 pounds?

Do you use a food scale to measure?

• Kobz27
    Kobz27 Posts: 64 Member
    People can get into a plateau because the body's metabolism can slow. Body may need more time to adjust to the new weight. 40 lbs is commendable!
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I have 17 pound to go till mid range healthy BMI and am losing slowly but surely on 1200 calories+10000 steps a day.
  • 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    I figured it out stick to cals that had to be readjusted to 1360cals not 1900cals and eat everything before 5pm and reverse dinner and lunch! So thank you all for good advice!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!