Self conscious in your swimsuit for the 4th?

Options
barbiex3
barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
Let's be honest. 99% of people are self conscious while wearing a swim suit. Everyone is critical of his or her own body. It's hard to not compare yourself to the skinny girl or the ripped guy standing next to you. BUT This is YOUR body. You have ALL taken control of your body by joining MFP.

Instead of being critical, you should be CONFIDENT.

Here is why:
You have been working 24 hours a day 7 days a week to provide the best nutritional and fitness choices for your body. You have been fueling your body with more nutritious & healthy foods along with adding extra work outs. Everyone on MFP busts their butt EVERYDAY to provide the BEST resources for his or her body. All of us have been dedicated for days, months, or even years to bettering our body's! You should be proud of that accomplishment and remember it always.

From the moment you put on that swim suit or bikini (maybe for the first time in decades) just remember be confident because your body deserves a chance to show off all its hard work. You have been working too hard for too long to be self conscious in a swim suit! Your body wants a time to show off =] ,& it deserves it.

Even if you don't think your "close enough to your goal" or "i still have 20 pounds to lose"--- WHO CARES?!?!?! You've WORKED for this moment, so flaunt it!!!

TiPS:
1- focus on having fun. SMILE. LAUGH. You look so much better happy than sad!
2- DO NOT look in the mirror for an extented period of time after putting on your swim suit. (leaves too much time for negative thoughts and OVER analysis of body)
3- what's your favorite visible body part? (arms, stomach, calfs, legs, BOOBS? haha) whenever you feel self-conscious LOOK at that spot and remember how good you really look =] !
4- have a drink!

what are some tips people would like to add?!

Replies

• Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Critical heck, I would be the icon for allowing women to go topless at the beach.
  • Jamazurunner
    Jamazurunner Posts: 132
    Options
    Love this!

I think confidence is key these days, and I appreciate that you took the time to emphasis how important it is for us to be PROUD of ourselves.
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    Haha yeah i was invited to two 4th parties. I have never liked swimsuits and i really dont wanna wear one. Not going to wear one but i like what you said:)
  • skinnyminimoni
    Options
    Just remember how far you've come! Nobody knows that you still have 20 lbs to lose. They just know that you look FIERCE how you are!
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Bring some ATTITUDE. Throw out your hip, plop your hand on the side, stick your chin up in the air and say:

"If you can't look at me without re-examining your last meal, look elsewhere, cuz b*tch, I am rockin' the *kitten* outta this bathing suit!" :-P

...I've always got attitude though...so maybe it's just me, LoL
  • healthyJenn0915
    Options
    Wow, thanks for posting! This really does make me feel better! I do still have another 15lbs or so to be comfortable, but I am getting there! I will keep this in mind when the time comes to wear that suit!
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Nope! Wearing a bikini for the first time in many years!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Think about it unless you are with only family and friends you will probably never see the people again why let someone you don't even know ruin your fun. DON"T let anyone dictate your happiness enjoy
  • ryry18
    ryry18 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    LOVE it!!! Thank you I needed that!!