30 Day Shred -- No motivation, help?

Options
I completed day 4 of the 30 Day Shred. I've been having no motivation to do it except yesterday. Tomorrow is day 5 and I have no motivation to do it.

I'm doing 5 days on and 1 day off.

My goal is to loose 30 pounds, I started at 150 and am 147 now. Also to get a flat tummy and feel sexy again.

I guess I've just been a little depressed lately and it's hard to exercise when I'm this way.

Replies

• laurendawnnn
    laurendawnnn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Make yourself a calender and check off the days you do it. Maybe but some goal jeans or bathing suit and hang it up near your calender.
  • JCSaphire
    JCSaphire Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Lol yeah I have a calendar. The workout is just tough and some days I don't want to do it.
  • 1shedev
    1shedev Posts: 144 Member
    Options

My goal is to loose 30 pounds, I started at 150 and am 147 now. Also to get a flat tummy and feel sexy again.

is this not your motivation. Eyes on the prize.
  • ladyj22
    ladyj22 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I Just finished 30 day shred this morning. I lost 4 pounds and not sure how many inches. My stomach feels tighter and definitely looks smaller. Level 1 was great level 2 is definitely harder and level 3 is extremely tough but very effective. Stay with it! It really is amazing!
  • Kel3369
    Kel3369 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    How are you supposed to do it? 30 days level 1 then 30 at level 2 then 30 at level
    3? OR is there another way? I'm on day 3 of level 1 :) Thanks!
  • BeaUtiful_1413
    BeaUtiful_1413 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    No 10days level 1 10days level 2 and 10days level 3
  • Simply827
    Simply827 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I think you should find a workout you actually enjoy.
  • KassiesJourney
    KassiesJourney Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Just do it, the more you make yourself just do it the easier it becomes.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Don't expect this to help you lose 30lbs - you need a calorie deficit for that! :)

If you're really not motivated to do this exercise then look for something else you do enjoy - even walking helps, and is supposed to be a great mood-lifter so might help with your depression.

If you want to continue with the program, and it sounds like other people have had good results with it, then you need to find your motivation - as someone else said, your desire to have a flatter tummy and feel sexy could be enough to keep you going! Go at your own pace, and don't beat yourself up if you miss a day, but the motivation has to come from within you. No one else can make you do it.

Best of luck with your goals! :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Simply827 wrote: »

This^

The same video for 30 days....ugh. Exercise is for health & fitness. Only a slight weight loss benefit. Do you want to be healthy forever? Do you want to be fit forever?

Find something you like to do.

I used to be.....I need to exercise because I want to lose weight. Then after I got to goal, I would quit exercise. Each time I gained the weight back! Find exercise that you can make a lifestyle change.

JessicaSmithTV, Fitness Blender, etc. So many on-line choices. Just do something...everyday and you will figure out what you like to do.

• swebb4209
    swebb4209 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Maybe this will help. This is my results. resy73oxej26pgux.jpeg
  • BamaRunningGirl
    BamaRunningGirl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Kel3369 wrote: »
    How are you supposed to do it? 30 days level 1 then 30 at level 2 then 30 at level
    3? OR is there another way? I'm on day 3 of level 1 :) Thanks!

That is how they suggest to do it, but many people just go at their own pace. I did level one for a month, level two a month and level three for a month. Everyone is different.
  • JCSaphire
    JCSaphire Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Simply827 wrote: »

I do enjoy it, it just took a while. I was going through depression and didn't want to do anything. If I got to the gym I slack. Jillian keeps me in line.
  • leilaaitch
    leilaaitch Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Currently on day 6 level one and although I can't say I'm enjoying it (seriously I think all that bouncing is going to kill me!