Workouts (at the gym) to slim lower tummy/hips ??? : ) (im a beginner!)

Options
trinabot19
trinabot19 Posts: 37 Member
edited June 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
My husband and I just joined the gym a couple weeks ago and I havent really discovered a good routine yet..

I am 5'1 (123lbs) and carry most of my weight on my hips/thighs/butt...Im attempting to lose 10-14 pounds but Im really looking to slim down my hips and tummy in particular..if I my thighs/butt decide to stay more plumped thats ok really but my most self concious area is my tummy and hips lol

What are some workouts at the gym I could get into to help slim these areas? There are tons of machines there but I dont even really know where to start ...so far I do mostly cardio (running especially).

Replies

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    YOU CANNOT SPOT REDUCE. If you would like to reduce the fat in those areas you need to reduce your total body fat percentage. Through a caloric deficit. Nothing else. For a program seeing as you're a beginner and want to focus on lower body. Look into the strong curves lifting program.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    YOU CANNOT SPOT REDUCE. If you would like to reduce the fat in those areas you need to reduce your total body fat percentage. Through a caloric deficit. Nothing else. For a program seeing as you're a beginner and want to focus on lower body. Look into the strong curves lifting program.

All of this and especially the bolded.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    calorie deficit
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Treadmill worked for me
  • trinabot19
    trinabot19 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys I will look into it!
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Treadmill worked for me

Because you created a caloric deficit through exercise. Occam's Razor people.