Clean eating diet recipes please!!

Options
Does anyone else find that if they eat processed food it just makes them feel yuck and not too good. Since clean eating I have been feeling absolutely awesome but if I go anywhere near processed foods my body doesn't seem to handle it. Any good clean recipes out there?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Recipes without using processed foods? I like to make my own pizza(I have a pizza oven) but everything I use would be sort of processed. I also make my own spaghetti sauce but draw the line with pasta. I have made pasta from scratch but it is easier to buy a package. Maybe you should define clean.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Shrimp Creole is a delicious one served over brown rice or quinoa: http://www.spiciefoodie.com/2012/04/02/shrimp-creole-inspired-by-emeril-lagasse/
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    jess199007 wrote: »
    Does anyone else find that if they eat processed food it just makes them feel yuck and not too good. Since clean eating I have been feeling absolutely awesome but if I go anywhere near processed foods my body doesn't seem to handle it. Any good clean recipes out there?

since everything is processed to a certain degree, your options are drink water...which is technically also processed...
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    processed is a bit of a vague statement... Meat is processed. All condiments are processed, but I assume you mean packaged goods like chips, crakers, cookies ect.

I do a lot of from scratch cooking like making my own pasta and bread (which is processed because flour) I also buy those items as well. What are you specifially not eating when u say eating clean?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    This is my stock clean eating recipe:

https://pinterest.com/pin/361132463846418252/
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    pretty much any recipe out there that has you preparing your meal with scratch, whole ingredients...I personally also include minimally processed foods in the category of "clean"...like I don't see anything wrong about using a can of tomatoes to make a sauce.

Most people I know would generally describe my diet as clean, at least for the most part...but no, processed foods don't make me feel "yucky" or anything. Just had some pizza with my boys this past weekend...it was fantastic.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I LOVELOVELOVE making my own chicken soup stocks. So much tastier, more gelatin, and less sodium than anything in a can.
  • choplikekarate
    choplikekarate Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it changes for me, but I think that sometimes "recipes" are overrated because they include too many ingredients that contribute to a high caloric intake / low volume portion. I generally prefer more volume / less calories, so some days, I'll have a "breakfast for dinner", meaning turkey bacon, an omelet, and maybe some protein pancakes (if it fits my macros). This week, I'm incredibly busy (I go to the gym after work, so I often don't get home until 9 p.m.), so it's just "throw stuff in a bowl" week, meaning I cooked a bunch of lentils, chicken breasts, and brussel sprouts. I microwave them, add some Valentina sauce or avocado and spices.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    yami0385 wrote: »
    Grilled Chicken breast, brown rice and asparagus.

Ground turkey with spinach and cucumbers.

Tilapia with sweet potato and asparagus.

Egg whites with oatmeal

I think the only processed thing I consume is protein shakes.

I haven't had junk food for 6 months.

how is ground turkey not processed? Most Tilapia is farm raised...

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

You may be intolerant to a common preservative. If you cook your own meals from whole ingredients your meals will be clean. There are literally hundreds of thousand recipes on the internet for meals made from scratch.

eatingwell.com is a good one
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,400 MFP Moderator
    Options

It depends on how you determine clean. I use www.mccormick.com all the time.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    It would probably be helpful if you would further clarify what you define as "clean" and "processed". Someone above raised the example of canned tomatoes - a common pantry staple and recipe component, but many people consider anything that comes in a can as "processed".

Additionally, I'm always perplexed by the request for "clean" recipes as I think pretty much any cookbook relies on whole food ingredients, unless it is specifically marketed toward using convenience products to simplify efforts/shorten preparation time. But some of my favorite sites for recipes are skinnytaste.com, Cooking Light, and the plethora of recipes I have pinned on Pinterest...
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    "Clean eating" --- everyone has a different version of it.
    What does it mean to you? :grey_question::grey_question:
  • kirstenb13
    kirstenb13 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Additionally, I'm always perplexed by the request for "clean" recipes as I think pretty much any cookbook relies on whole food ingredients, unless it is specifically marketed toward using convenience products to simplify efforts/shorten preparation time. But some of my favorite sites for recipes are skinnytaste.com, Cooking Light, and the plethora of recipes I have pinned on Pinterest...

Seriously, as if there are only two extremes - freezer/fast food meals or raw/clean/healthy super foods.
    The vast majority of regular recipes that make things from scratch should be good enough.

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I remember back in the day some rather exotic recipes built on Campbell's soups, Jell-O, and Mayonnaise. Nowadays the fab recipes depend on exotic ingredients such as quinoa, arugula, maple syrup, Asiago, or prosciutto.

jello+salad.jpg