Diet out the window?!?

Options
Sam101my
Sam101my Posts: 128 Member
Raise your hand if when you are not active, you eat like crap! I took 3 days off from my weekly exercise routine because of a sore back. I ate horribly. Why do we do this?!??

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Why do you do this?
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Nope. I took a few (3) days off (just not feeling right) and made a concerted effort to stay within my calorie limits knowing it would be fewer. Succeeded ;-)
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I get it and I've done it. For me the answer is never to take a rest day! Can you do something like yoga or some other stretches? Just getting a little bit active might be enough to get your brain back to the light side. Good luck!
  • ChristinaOrr65
    ChristinaOrr65 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    For many people achieving a healthier lifestyle is a matter of making new routines, or habits. So sometimes when we break one part of that, by not exercising for instance, then it is hard to maintain the rest (diet). A big thing that has helped me is changing the way that I shop and what foods I keep in the house. If there is not unhealthy food around, I can't eat it! Maybe some of these other tips will be helpful for you and staying on track with your diet. https://www.myliporidex.com/blog/keep-body-fit/
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I used to do this, but I've just had a bout of stomach flu that has kept me from exercising, and at first I had no appetite so I was struggling to reach even 1k calories (what I consider a 'minimum') for a couple of days. Now my appetite is back but I am still sick, so I really made a huge effort to stay in my calories today! Even with chocolate ice cream and a few cookies!