"H20" Exploding the pounds - 10 Week Challenge - Week 7 & 8

Options

Replies

• pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Nikster, congrats on crossing the finish line faster than last time, and yay on the HRM yielding some awesome numbers! What a pleasant surprise.

So Cardio Barre class was fun! And HARD! I took a beginner's class but it was a packed studio (65 ladies) and an hour long class. We did a lot of isolation barre work (releves, plies, etc) and then cardio weighted stuff (we were supposed to use 1lb weights but the class ran out so I just grabbed the 2lb weights that were left in my spot from the class before). I was a schwetty pig! They have you bring a towel so when it comes time to do groundwork, you're not on the bare floor where nekkid feet have been romping and sweating. I had to wipe myself down two times before we actually brought the towels to the ground, I was sweating that much. It was great!

My friend who signed up with me barely scootched into the class in time (she was the last one let in before they turned people away), and we're going to try to make this our weekly thing. Wednesday nights = Cardio Barre! She also lives literally around the corner, so I think I'm going to propose that we park at her house and jog over to the studio as a warm up, and then walk back to cool down. :)
  • CrystalS
    CrystalS Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Cazz - thank you for the encouragement! :flowerforyou:

BJShooter - AWESOME job on the loss!!!!! :bigsmile:

Nikster - YAY for a new time and HRM! That is GREAT! So proud of you! :flowerforyou:

Pink - way to sweat it out! :happy: Glad you enjoyed the class. It sounds like a wonderful thing. That is so neat that you can do it with a friend.

I'm thinking that AF is just around the corner - yay, just in time for family reunion, right? :grumble: Anyway, I hope that's all it is. I didn't post my weight yesterday from my weigh-in.....:blushing: Only up .2, but still that put me to 175. :angry:

Today's a beautiful day. I'm packing and trying to leave the house clean fashion. Unfortunately, all the kids think they need to "help" too. :laugh: The big kids help great, but the littles.....not so much. :wink:

Have a lovely Wednesday, Ladies!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Crystal, 0.2 is nothin', you got it under control. ;)
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    You guys are amazingly supportive and I thank you SOOO much! I finished the 150 mile challenge tonight with a 4 mile walk along the waterfront in my hometown. It's amazing to be able to see so much beauty and smell the beach and oogle the boats and realize you're not the fattest chicky on the boardwalk... all of it's good and I love this time of year! I even saw a nice couple from my church sitting on a bench and when I approached they didn't recognize me! She said "you're so skinny I didn't recognize you!"!!! Talk about feeling good!

So we'll see what the scale says tomorrow, it's TOM and I feel bloated and crappy like usual... someday's I hate being a girl. Most of the time it's ok, but whatever. If there's no change tomorrow I'll be fine with that, that's my usual routine anyway.

I'm indulging tonight with a margarita.... it's calling me from the freezer and I'm going to go sip and enjoy!!!! Have a good night everyone!
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Nikster, congratulations on completing the 150 mile challenge! I'm so happy for you! Enjoy every sip of that margarita, you've definitely earned it.
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    The dreaded TOM has showed up.. :( Blah.. Remember Monday is the 4th which is the end of the challenge.. sorry for being lazy towards the end.. ive been sooooooo flippin busy.. love ya all.. keep up the good work.
  • Nikstergirl
    Options
    TOM for me too, April.. and I totally forgot to go weigh in today! I'll do it soon, but I didn't go up to the gym which is where my scale is! I'll go in the next couple days, I love vacation! I actually have a "date' tonight with my sister to see an old college friend of mine's band. There will be beer involved!!!! Glad I ran 4 miles this morning!!! LOL!

Hope you all have a great holiday weekend, I'll be back, but I'm planning to enjoy my weekend! Maybe a boat ride, maybe an art fair... there are so many opportunities!!!
  • cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone has a good 4th of July weekend! Stay safe!
  • CrystalS
    CrystalS Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Have a GREAT weekend, Ladies!!! Don't over heat - or over eat. :laugh:
  • Nikstergirl
    Options
    Yeah, totally overdid the sugar the last couple of days. My vacation was going great until Friday! Oh well, I'll get back on track by Tuesday when I go back to work. I'll also be ok today, since I ran this morning. But whatever. It's not everyday I eat cookies and ice cream!!!!

Crystal, love your saying.... very appropriate!

Happy 4th everyone!!!!
  • Nikstergirl
    Options
    Ok, so I'm totally trying the "adding a picture" thing... this will be my first time, so let's see if it works..

Here's me in June of 2010. I'm just about 180 pounds here. (I'm in the green shirt)

June2010.jpg

And here's me June 1, 2011... right around 140 pounds!!!! Yup, 40 pounds looks a lot different, I think!

MeJune12011.jpg

Ok, my Mom and Sis and Niece didn't get cropped out like I tried to do... but you can still see me in the green... sorry!

Thanks to all of you for sticking with me on this journey. I'm not done yet, but I'm getting there!!!!
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    You cropped them just fine! Nice work on the weight loss!
  • Nikstergirl
    Options
    Guess I did... I was trying not to embarrass my mom and sis... sister has also lost about 40 pounds, but mama hasn't tried... she's really the reason I want to get and stay healthy!!!!
  • violet_820
    violet_820 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I just checked back in on this challenge and everyone's progress. Looks like you're all doing well! I've taken a month hiatus, and it's about time I get myself back on track. Looking forward to another challenge... if there is going to be one??
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Nikster, you look like a totally different person. Look at your jaw line! Just amazing.

Happy 4th of July, everyone!! <3 I can't believe this challenge is over already. We're going to keep going, right? I don't know what I'd do without talking to you awesome, wonderful people.
  • Alegria79
    Alegria79 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    We could do the next challenge to Labour Day (Labor Day for you US types), which is Sept 5th this year. Or we could have a fall theme.

Keep the pounds Falling off!

Labour those pounds away!

I don't know, but that's the timeframe we'd be looking at. If anyone has some suggestions for names, throw 'em out there! There's lots of stuff early in September - back to school, fall, a last summer hurrah!
  • Alegria79
    Alegria79 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Nikster - you look fabulous! What a transition from before to your new, athletic self! You're such an inspiration.

I hope all the Americans have a great Independence Day! I'm back at work today, having enjoyed Friday off for Canada Day. Things are good, and I'll be hitting the gym later for a workout.

Happy July 4th everyone!
  • Nikstergirl
    Options
    Thanks you guys... I love my new jaw line, and collar bones!!! It's fun to find new body parts peeking through.. now if those abs will ever show... sigh...

I love the "keep the pounds falling off" challenge! I was going to just challenge myself to another 150 miles by Labor Day (9 weeks if I counted right) since I'm training for that 1/2 marathon in September anyway. If you're all game I'm totally in! I don't know if we need weekly challenges, or just keeping the mileage and water intake high... whatever you guys think.

I'm not counting this weeks weight (vacay + TOM = bad week) but as of last week I'd lost 10 pounds with this challenge! If I can do that again I'll be past my original goal and beyond thrilled! I really don't know how much more I'm going to lose, I just haven't ever been this small since high school and even then I wasn't this fit! It's amazing what we can do when we put our minds to it!!!!

I'll check back tomorrow... I'm about to load up the car and head to the fireworks.. There will be LOTS of walking today, and I'm going to splurge on a burrito and maybe ice cream too!!!! Happy Independence Day to my American friends!!!!!
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    I think we should definitely continue...I agree about the challenges. Since it can get crazy in day to day lives...we can just challenge ourselves. It seems we all have some long range goals...Nikster and Pink with their marathons for instance.
    I say we start a new thread tomorrow...I could do that since I am up at the crack of dawn tomorrow morning for work. I like the keep the pounds falling off theme. Labor Day is a good finish point....9 weeks from today!

What do you think?
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I lost 2lb again this week :D

I managed 7lb for this challenge which is quite good for me

SW 151lb
    CW 144lb

Well done everyone :)