I need recipes for chicken!

Options
danibabii11
danibabii11 Posts: 72 Member
I have been eating chicken as a regular staple in my diet for almost a year now. Don't get me wrong I love it! But eating the same flavored chicken day by day, week by week, month by month is definitely a factor in my weight loss journey I need some new simple recipes that I can potentially batch cook for the week. Thanks know you so much in advance!!!!

Replies

• treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    You may already eat these but here is what I eat:
    Chicken cooked in salsa then I sometimes shred the chicken
    Chciken in homemade speghetti sauce with cheese
    Chciken dipped in egg and then almond flour mixed with parmajon cheese
  • lessplusmore
    lessplusmore Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Baked chicken with Dijon & lime from skinnytaste.com.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I have been eating chicken as a regular staple in my diet for almost a year now. Don't get me wrong I love it! But eating the same flavored chicken day by day, week by week, month by month is definitely a factor in my weight loss journey I need some new simple recipes that I can potentially batch cook for the week. Thanks know you so much in advance!!!!

Oh I just found a bunch yesterday and Pinned them.. I'll dig them up hopefully this evening. There's some yummy looking ones. I enjoy chicken a lot myself. I also love variety but a plain old baked chicken breast with some seasoning is pretty yummy too. :p

Just way too hot to bake it right now so looking for ways to cook it on the stove top or Crockpot.
    I'll be back around.. I'll bookmark the thread. :wink:
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Countless ways to prepare chicken. Our rotation includes:
    1. Stir-fried with garlic and oyster sauce (veggies etc are a separate dish)
    2. Thai Curry
    3. Butter Chicken
    4. Grilled (I brine in salt and sugar for the day first) - you can then put on a bbq sauce whatever...I keep some in the fridge for salads or sandwiches or pasta or ....
    5. If I have more time, I'll pull out Sichuan or Balinese recipes.

I do prefer the thigh though. Far tastier.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I poach a lot of chicken! I use Rachael Ray's method, but I use less garlic and lemon. Then you can use it for almost anything. Soup, salads, tacos, for bbq pulled chicken.

I bake a lot of chicken too. I usually bake bone in skin on chicken breast at 350 for an hour and 15 minutes. I use several different spice blends. [cajun seasoning and minced garlic] [lemon, oregano and garlic] [Lawery's season salt] [herbs de provenance] all very good.

I have done the whole chicken in a crockpot. It is very moist and falls apart.

I have also done the whole chicken in a bundt pan with potatoes at the bottom. The potatoes are so good! soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2014/03/roasted-chicken-in-bundt-pan.html

I also like Piri Piri chicken. I make both a marinade and a dry seasoning. Both are delicious. I usually grill it. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2015/03/piri-piri-chicken.html
    soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2015/03/piri-piri-seasoning.html
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I second the person who said salsa chicken in the crockpot. I'll add a little more spice and then eat the shredded chicken with some homemade fajita veggies and some cheese. Like a taco bowl! You could add a tortilla, but I opt not to.

I also bake chicken in a casserole dish with green beans and cauliflower (potato if you aren't watching your carbs) and sprinkle with a packet of Italian dressing seasoning. Bake covered for like an hour and it is very tasty!
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    My favourite is Apricot Chicken! I used to make it with drumsticks but they were too painful to figure out the calories so I use chicken breast and/or chicken thighs.
    I usually use 1kg of Chicken Breast and/or chicken thighs, 1 packet french onion soup mix & 1L Apricot nectar (in the longlife cartons or in the tins)
    Add all to slowcooker, cook for a couple hours, shred. Yummy!

Another favourite is mine is plain grilled chicken breast, but buy sweet & sour sauce sachets from McDonalds. Add sauce to chicken (like you'd have tomato sauce) and it tastes so much like their nuggets that i'm happy AND it's pretty low cal :)
  • Philboehn
    Philboehn Posts: 16 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Oven roasted chicken with a spinach-feta crust. (Fry the chicken in a pan for a bit, mix (creamed) spinach with a bit of feta cheese and spices, coat the chicken with a thick layer of the mixture and then roast it in the oven. It's not ideal for batch cooking though. Or you can stuff the chicken with a feta-spinach mixture.

Some Buzzfeed recipes

I haven't tried this or this but I think they look tasty.

• JuicerLab
    JuicerLab Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Chicken Salad Recipe
    Ingredients
    4 cups diced poached chicken, recipe follows
    1 stalk celery, cut into 1/4-inch dice
    4 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced or 1/4 cup sweet onion cut into 1/4-inch dice
    1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh tarragon or fresh dill
    2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
    1 cup prepared or homemade mayonnaise
    2 teaspoons strained freshly squeezed lemon juice
    1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
    2 teaspoons kosher salt
    Freshly ground black pepper

Directions
    In a mixing bowl, toss together the chicken, celery, scallions and herbs. Set aside.
    In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper to taste. Add to the chicken and mix gently until combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
    Cook's Note: Serve on a bed of lettuce with sliced tomatoes, in half an avocado or in a chicken club sandwich made with artisanal bread, crispy smoked bacon, vine-ripened tomatoes and lettuce.
    Put the parsley, thyme, onion, carrot, celery, and chicken breasts in a medium saucepan. Cover with the broth, and bring just to a boil. Lower the heat to very low and cover. Poach the chicken for 20 minutes or until firm to the touch. Remove the pan from the heat, uncover, cool the chicken in the liquid for 30 minutes.
    Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and reserve the liquid. Bone and skin the chicken and cut the meat into 1 inch cubes. Discard the bones and skin.
    Strain the broth and store, covered, in the refrigerator for 3 days or freeze for later use. Remove any fat from the surface of the broth before using. Yield: 4 cups cubed chicken or 4 to 6 servings
    From Food Network Kitchens
  • JuicerLab
    JuicerLab Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Chicken Salad Recipe
    Ingredients
    4 cups diced poached chicken, recipe follows
    1 stalk celery, cut into 1/4-inch dice
    4 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced or 1/4 cup sweet onion cut into 1/4-inch dice
    1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh tarragon or fresh dill
    2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
    1 cup prepared or homemade mayonnaise
    2 teaspoons strained freshly squeezed lemon juice
    1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
    2 teaspoons kosher salt
    Freshly ground black pepper

Directions
    In a mixing bowl, toss together the chicken, celery, scallions and herbs. Set aside.
    In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper to taste. Add to the chicken and mix gently until combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
    Cook's Note: Serve on a bed of lettuce with sliced tomatoes, in half an avocado or in a chicken club sandwich made with artisanal bread, crispy smoked bacon, vine-ripened tomatoes and lettuce.
    Put the parsley, thyme, onion, carrot, celery, and chicken breasts in a medium saucepan. Cover with the broth, and bring just to a boil. Lower the heat to very low and cover. Poach the chicken for 20 minutes or until firm to the touch. Remove the pan from the heat, uncover, cool the chicken in the liquid for 30 minutes.
    Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and reserve the liquid. Bone and skin the chicken and cut the meat into 1 inch cubes. Discard the bones and skin.
    Strain the broth and store, covered, in the refrigerator for 3 days or freeze for later use. Remove any fat from the surface of the broth before using. Yield: 4 cups cubed chicken or 4 to 6 servings
    From Food Network Kitchens
  • suska007
    suska007 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Spanish Baked Chicken, served with a salad and rice.
    http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/spanish_baked_chicken/

Maple Dijon Chicken, no need to spray crockpot
    http://whoneedsacape.com/2013/01/crock-pot-maple-dijon-chicken-thighs/
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    dklibert wrote: »
    I poach a lot of chicken! I use Rachael Ray's method, but I use less garlic and lemon. Then you can use it for almost anything. Soup, salads, tacos, for bbq pulled chicken.

I bake a lot of chicken too. I usually bake bone in skin on chicken breast at 350 for an hour and 15 minutes. I use several different spice blends. [cajun seasoning and minced garlic] [lemon, oregano and garlic] [Lawery's season salt] [herbs de provenance] all very good.

I have done the whole chicken in a crockpot. It is very moist and falls apart.

I have also done the whole chicken in a bundt pan with potatoes at the bottom. The potatoes are so good! soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2014/03/roasted-chicken-in-bundt-pan.html

I also like Piri Piri chicken. I make both a marinade and a dry seasoning. Both are delicious. I usually grill it. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2015/03/piri-piri-chicken.html
    soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2015/03/piri-piri-seasoning.html

Poaching chicken sounds really nasty
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    - Chicken baked in a bottle of fat free or regular Italian dressing, pour out dressing after its cooked, really tasty.
    - Chicken breast w olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano and fresh lemon, bake or sauté
  • BeverlyMarsh1986
    BeverlyMarsh1986 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My favorite is paprika spice all over chicken breast and then add some Kickin Chicken Spice as well before cooking it. It's slightly spicy, but with flavor.