At the height of not caring...

Options
...about what how much you ate, in one sitting, what were you capable of eating and how much. I could easily eat a whole loaf of white bread with butter. I checked that out and it came to 2400 calories in one sitting. I guess that's why I topped out at 313 pounds. I'm thankful I'm finally learning what to eat and more importantly, how to shop for groceries.

Replies

• AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Awareness is prosperity, good luck on your journey.
  • staciekins
    staciekins Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I did a rough calculation one day and with all the junk I was eating I was eating around 4000+ cals in one day easy with no exercise and topping at least that much in sodium and don't get me started on fats and trans fats! It disgusts me now thinking about what I use to put in my body.
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    i'd say at MOST i could eat was an 8 oz steak 1 cup of mashed potatoes and about.... 1 1/2 cup salad and like four dinner rolls... OR i could eat two tuna sandwiches> 1 can tuna like 3 tablespoons of relish and tons of mayo. i guess i've never been that big of an eater... but i did eat double servings of some things.

but my normal day was more like... not eating ALL day (until 10pm or later) then fast food. or half a pizza and some cheese sticks or bread sticks.
  • fabi8081
    fabi8081 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Between me and my husband a whole pckg of double stuffed oreos. calories 2520!!!!!
    Horrible right!!! That got me to a healthy 215lbs. Thank God those days are over.
  • jpeper1966
    jpeper1966 Posts: 79
    Options
    Many of my "snacks" hit 2,200 to 2,800 calories. Entire bag of chips. Entire bag of cheese curds. During holidays huge amounts of snack candybars. If the bag was closed I would not open it, but if it was open it was GONE!

Arrrggggg, thanks for the reminder of those days of weakness. :wink:
  • CampinGal34
    CampinGal34 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It's amazing what we really put into or mouths!! There have been several times when my jaw dropped at what I ate (or almost ate). This is definitely a wonderful learning tool!! Great job so far and good luck to you :)
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    I could, and still can, demolish a whole bar of chocolate. Thankfully i haven't in a long time
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I could eat a whole pizza (not in one sitting, but definitely throughout a day) and probably a family size bag of Better Made BBQ potato chips, plus one of those giant size slurpees from 7-11.

I gave up the chips (courtesy of their unavailability in DC, lol) and soda/slurpees totally. I'll splurge on pizza once in a while, but stick to thin crust.

But yeah, at my point of not caring at all, it was pretty bad.
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the pizza. I could put an entire one away. And if I couldn't I'd come back to it later in the day and finish it off. It was strange how I could see myself in the mirror but not really SEE what I was becoming. Since waking up to it now though, I can't see anybody but the big guy even though I'm back down to my high school waistline. Main thing now is we're on it. We're aware. And those days are behind.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I was eating so much junk before too, I remember calculating my breakfast alone and it came out to 800 cals *EEK*
  • Bristle82
    Bristle82 Posts: 100
    Options
    ...about what how much you ate, in one sitting, what were you capable of eating and how much. I could easily eat a whole loaf of white bread with butter. I checked that out and it came to 2400 calories in one sitting. I guess that's why I topped out at 313 pounds. I'm thankful I'm finally learning what to eat and more importantly, how to shop for groceries.

I totally agree - just being accountable for clocking in online has made me soooo much more aware of what I am eating now and what I was eating before. It totally makes sense as to why the fat creeps on!!

Well done on making the change, I am proud of you and I :)
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I'd eat a dozen doughnuts over the course of a day. Or, an entire medium multi-topping pizza for dinner. Definitely one of those who could empty a pint of ice cream quickly because I wouldn't put a serving in a cup.
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I ate a whole tombstone pizza. I did it often. When I was alone. That way no one would no. (Family) pizza is still careful when I eat pizza its my down fall. I can only eat two pieces now and im full. That's still alot of calories. Im just careful.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    McCain rising crust pizza 2,220 calories.

A bag of cheetos 1790
  • AshleighFTM
    AshleighFTM Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I tracked a week of my normal eating back in April (6-12) before I really commited to changing my life. When I look at those days, it scares me and disgusts me. I am thankful that things finally clicked for me and that I am learning to respect my body.

You can't know where you're going until you know where you've been.... right?
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I work away a lot and would be having 3 take out meals a day (i.e. McD's for breakfast, Subway for Lunch and KFC for dinner) plus at least a packet of crisps, a couple of bars of chocolate and a few sausage rolls thrown in for good measure... easily 4000+ calories a day, every day... if I went on a binge, you're talking probably 8000+...

It saddens me to think that I did that to myself.

I once ate a whole chicken and a whole french baguette, with real butter and covered in salt in one sitting... the worst thing is, I was barely full and went on to have chocolate for dessert.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses so far. I guess I'm not alone. I still have a strange craving/addiction to bread, especially the bad white breads. I eat Ezekiel 4:9 bread now and I don't seem to crave that at all. If I do have whole wheat bread I keep it in the freezer to lessen the chance of binging on the entire loaf.
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Honestly don't want to calculate it - I'll just feel ashamed.....
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I don't want to go back and calculate what I used to eat, but I was notorious for eating a personal size cake and a can of Mt Dew for breakfast. Then I wouldn't eat again until later when I'd eat an entire frozen pizza, cheese sticks, fried mushrooms, etc. by myself. Don't forget the donuts. Cookies. candy. UGH.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I could eat a whole pizza (not in one sitting, but definitely throughout a day)

I still CAN eat a whole pizza, only I do it in one sitting. :blushing:

I actually did that last night. All 8 pieces of a large pizza down the gullet...

When we diet, are our stomachs not supposed to shrink? Cause seriously, I can still eat like I used to when I was 191 pounds and not get a stomach ache. At all. I just choose not to eat that way, most of the time. Last night was different cause it was my bachelorette party and I ate and drank enough for all of you, lol. :drinker:

I remember even coming home from school...I would have already ate a lunch at school, but right when I got home I made myself 3 cheese stuffed hotdogs. Then my mom would cook dinner and I would have seconds or thirds. Then I would have either a dessert, or God forbid, fourths later on in the evening. Wake up, have 2 pop tarts, then some snacks at school, then lunch and repeat. No wonder I was a size 20 in high school.