mcdonalds v salad

Options
2»

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    TBH, the McD's salads are probably worse for you than one of the burgers.

how so? I regularly get a grilled chicken and bacon salad. the salad is just regular bagged salad and it's just chicken.

Other than what's been said, many people think salads = healthy and burgers = unhealthy. If you want and like the salad, go for it. When I'm at McD's, I go for chicken nuggets.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Ok so we don't even have a cheese option (UK)
    I get 184 calories for grilled chicken and bacon salad, 21 calories for the fajita stuff.
    I tend to be out and about with a child who has a very limited diet (no judgement please, you have no idea of our story) so when I'm starving hungry and at the drive through it's really easy to grab a salad. I have been known to grab one myself when he's not with me. it's easy and I'm lazy.
    (for the record, if there were prostitutes that would come stroke my hair and hug me, I'd pay for that)

http://cuddleuptome.com/
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Other than what's been said, many people think salads = healthy and burgers = unhealthy. If you want and like the salad, go for it. When I'm at McD's, I go for chicken nuggets.

quite like the fish burger for a compromise. I have to be honest, if I'm going to splurge on a burger it's going to be something homemade and crazy with all sorts of strange things in it! ;)

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

quite like the fish burger for a compromise. I have to be honest, if I'm going to splurge on a burger it's going to be something homemade and crazy with all sorts of strange things in it! ;)

Homemade salmon/mackerel burgers ftw.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Mmm, I fancy a burger now
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to figure out what to do for dinner tonight. I hate to cook. We may just have McDonald's.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    TBH, the McD's salads are probably worse for you than one of the burgers.

Because they taste like *puppies*
  • ames105
    ames105 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation. If you crave it, have it...once in a while. Denying yourself something will just make the craving worse and opens the potential to lose control. Keep portion size in mind, we really don't need a large fry when the small will do. But have it, enjoy it, guilt free. Drink some water to flush the extra sodium out of your body and its all good.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    I really fancy a mcdonalds for lunch but know I should get a salad! Didnt have tea last night just snacked so probably why I am craving carby meal,
    I am not calorie counting at the moment as trying to stop bingeing am just eating when hungry etc and trying to stop metional eating

Calorie counting provides useful information, such as if one is undereating or not getting enough of particular macros. Former binge eaters also find calorie counting helpful.

Wouldn't it be nice to know if you are having cravings due to under-eating, which is something easily addressed, or due to another reason, which could then be identified and addressed?
  • katandwaves
    katandwaves Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'll get a happy meal if I don't have a ton of calories to work with. If I have the room then I'll eat what I really want and either work the rest of my calories around it and/or get in some exercise. Mmmmm McDonald's
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    In my opinion the fact you didn't have to last night didn't have anything to do with it. Welcome to the human race you have cravings. It's just a matter of incorporating those Cravings into your lifestyle. For this to be successful you can't look at this is a diet. Diets are misery.

I've lost 65 pounds in the past 6 months. It was the easiest thing I've ever done. I haven't given up anything. If I had to give up the occasional Wendy's hamburger slice of pizza or beer on the beach I couldn't do this. It's just a matter of incorporating it into your caloric intake goals.

The problem comes when you start doing it all the time. Once in awhile will not hurt you at all in fact it'll make your lifestyle change a lot easier and more successful. Good luck and enjoy the journey
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I just had a salad burger the other night! I melted some cheddar on toasted burger buns, added some toppings, and instead of a burger (veggie) patty I used a load of lettuce. I recommend this technique.
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'll get a happy meal if I don't have a ton of calories to work with. If I have the room then I'll eat what I really want and either work the rest of my calories around it and/or get in some exercise. Mmmmm McDonald's

^^^ This