Anyone with 50 lb weightloss success or goal have tips or can share diary?

Options
courtneyrm
courtneyrm Posts: 18 Member
Hi,

I'm a 5'9" female with a weightless goal of 50 lbs. Just wondering if anyone has achieved that goal and can provide tips on their net calorie & exercise goals? What has worked for you. Also, if you're open to sharing your diaries that would be awesome!

Replies

• ehrenlynae7
    ehrenlynae7 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm adding you. I've lost 20 pounds - 30 more to go. My diary is public.
  • ballyshea
    ballyshea Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I've lost 57 kg since last October. The food barcode scanner on the MFP phone app has been the most useful thing as it keeps track of your calories.

I also use the MFP website and the Fitbit phone app and website, plus Map My Walk. They all sync.

This week I started doing some Fitbit Challenges and they have spurred me on to doing more steps.

I have a Fitbit Zip.

I only weigh myself every few weeks. I have in mind what my new weight should be and so far it's always been less.
  • dawnsnarks
    dawnsnarks Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and lost 50 lbs a year ago and have kept it off. My diary is open. Good luck!
  • Camish911
    Camish911 Posts: 150 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'm down almost 55 pounds, and plan on losing another 30. Basically I just decided to move more and eat less! Free free to add me if you'd like. My diary is open :)
  • courtneyrm
    Options
    jvanessa89 wrote: »
    I'm 5'10 and lost almost 70 pounds since October. Add me if you want :)

Congrats! Added :)
  • courtneyrm
    Options
    I'm adding you. I've lost 20 pounds - 30 more to go. My diary is public.

Thanks I will take a look for sure!
  • courtneyrm
    Options
    ballyshea wrote: »
    I've lost 57 kg since last October. The food barcode scanner on the MFP phone app has been the most useful thing as it keeps track of your calories.

I also use the MFP website and the Fitbit phone app and website, plus Map My Walk. They all sync.

This week I started doing some Fitbit Challenges and they have spurred me on to doing more steps.

I have a Fitbit Zip.

I only weigh myself every few weeks. I have in mind what my new weight should be and so far it's always been less.

Thanks! I think that weighing every few weeks is a good idea. Weight fluctuates so often and it can be discouraging.
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You can add me too My diary is open - I've lost 11 lbs in just about 7 weeks. About 30 to go!
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me 30 pound down. 17 more to go to be in mid BMI range. 5"2, currently 139 pounds
  • mandybear014
    mandybear014 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hi OP, I'm 6'0, lost 45 pounds two years ago and have been in maintenance for 20 months now. I have an open diary. I would say the little things count in the biggest ways. Taking little walking breaks when I can is how I started off. Then it was water. Then I focused on protein more in my diet. Eventually I found I wanted to do more to not only lose more weight but make myself stronger, healthier. Now I'm into strength training and Fitbit to help keep me going. It just sneaks up on you like that. If you would like to add me, feel free.
  • courtneyrm
    Options
    Hi OP, I'm 6'0, lost 45 pounds two years ago and have been in maintenance for 20 months now. I have an open diary. I would say the little things count in the biggest ways. Taking little walking breaks when I can is how I started off. Then it was water. Then I focused on protein more in my diet. Eventually I found I wanted to do more to not only lose more weight but make myself stronger, healthier. Now I'm into strength training and Fitbit to help keep me going. It just sneaks up on you like that. If you would like to add me, feel free.

Great tip! Small changes could work for me too. First one; stop mindless snacking.
  • mija029
    mija029 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have a 50-60 lb loss goal also, i've been trying on and off for the last couple of months but i've decided no more excuses and keep moving. Add me if you want, it would be nice to have someone with the same goal but slightly taller than me i'm 5' 7".
  • Pterod
    Pterod Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I am 16lbs down with 50lbs to go. I find it overwhelms me to think of the big goal so I'm trying to concentrate on each half a stone as it comes off. Easier said than done.
  • courtneyrm
    Options
    I am 16lbs down with 50lbs to go. I find it overwhelms me to think of the big goal so I'm trying to concentrate on each half a stone as it comes off. Easier said than done.

50 lbs is my ultimate but I'm trying to focus on 10 lb increments. I plan to celebrate each 10 lb loss with with a friend! Definitely easier said than done. Good luck :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!