I'm in tears...

Options
Looking at all these pics I am just in tears. My kids think I'm crazy at this moment.

I'm not where near as overweight as a lot of the posts here, but as anyone knows when you're not happy with your body it doesn't matter your size. I'm so proud of what you amazing men and women have accomplished. It's truly inspiring. Thank you for posting your pictures and progress. I started out around 154lbs. I am down to 141lbs and am starting to tell a different in how my clothes fit. I'm just doing lower carb and higher protein. Also running. I would love to be 135lbs, but more around 130lbs. I haven't been that small in over 10 years. I don't think I'll get there but am trying my hardest.

My sister in law has lost 100lbs and is a big inspiration to me. I'm trying to get my husband to loose weight. He is working at it but not very dedicated.

THANK YOU for posting your updates.... even if they do make me cry cheers of happiness for you all!

I should take some new pics and compare. Maybe then I'll see the difference and it'll be of encouragement for me to push harder.

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss.

I agree 100% with you - just because you aren't overweight doesn't mean you are happy with the way your body looks. I've gotten a lot of comments from people asking why I am still here when I've hit (and actually exceeded) my goal weight. I'm here because I want to keep the weight off, I want to work to make my body stronger and even healthier. Being 143-145lbs doesn't guarantee my happiness.

I feel like we should celebrate ALL the goals people reach and not just the ones that are strictly weight loss goals. Some people want to tone up, run a marathon, etc. Cheers for all the accomplishments!
  • kelly6485
    kelly6485 Posts: 78
    Options
    Honey, you are starting out right where I did :) I started about 146, and currently am 111, I went out and bought myself shorts for the 1st time in years, and posted a booty picture :) YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!! Just keep thinking about the end result, sure it will take time, and work, and patience, but it will be all worth it in the end! Promise!!!!!!

:)

PS Smile, because you are beautiful!!!!
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Hey Dabbles: Good job! Keep it up- and yes you CAN do it! Here's a suggestion- just pull out some old pics and look at them! I recently was going through old pictures for another reason and thought to myself WOW - I can't believe I used to be so fat! (And I am like you- I was not really really huge.)

Chevy88- you and me both! I am also at my goal weight but working on toning and I think MFP is great for that.
  • Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Options
    I would also like to add that I am doing this for my children. I want them to see a healthy and happy mama! My husbands family, and some of mine too are obese and even the skinny ones on my side are very unhealthy. I want them to start out life right knowing how to make the right choices. And I want them to see that they can do whatever they set their little minds to. I think I'm going to start walking again on my days I'm not running. The kids would love that.
  • Soziberry
    Soziberry Posts: 115
    Options
    I would also like to add that I am doing this for my children. I want them to see a healthy and happy mama! My husbands family, and some of mine too are obese and even the skinny ones on my side are very unhealthy. I want them to start out life right knowing how to make the right choices. And I want them to see that they can do whatever they set their little minds to. I think I'm going to start walking again on my days I'm not running. The kids would love that.

Well done but first you have to do this for YOU!!! You are important and needed as a mother and wife but you need to do this for your own reasons. Health often isn't enough to get motivated but more you lose, the better you will feel anyway. When you look in the mirror, how do you feel? Are the areas you hate because of being overweight or just your impression on how you see your own body? Often people can lose the weight and still find fault with their body, you need to be more in love with you and then your goal will be easier. You are worth the effort, you are worth the extra ££$$ on "special" food to get your goal and you are so fantastic you deserve 30 mins time out from doing the ironing to get your groove on (burn cals) or a workout. We have all hit this feeling, looks so far away doesn't it but believe me. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hey! You have already lost 10 pounds!!! That's a whole bag of potatoes you're not carrying around anymore!! You are doing a fantastic job! :heart:

You can do it! You deserve it! :flowerforyou:
  • soonersgirl
    soonersgirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    totally agree with you!! i love seeing the before and after pics. they keep me going because i want to see results.....i can't wait till the first time i can post some before and after pics even if it is just the difference in my double chin or something like that lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!