If I can do it you can.

Options
gember85
gember85 Posts: 114 Member
Hi all just thought I would share my story. Last September I decided to change my weight after being unhappy for ages and just had enough of being fat. I joined MFP and stuck with the calories it told me. I started using a treadmill and did that 4-5 times a week.
I never changed the foods I enjoy eating I just reduced my portions and got a food scale which I weigh everything on and swear by now.
I stuck with 1200 calories a day to start with but soon realised I needed more and went up to 1500. Every night I would save myself some calories to enjoy a treat every night and it really helped me stuck to it as it gave me something to look forward to.
Last few months I got a fitbit as well and increased my activity more I love walking and always make sure I try and get at least 15,000 steps a day. I'm currently maintaining and eating 1,900 a day and still trying to find the right number to stop losing and stay the same.
So my advice to you all is eat less and move more and weigh everything and get yourself in the right frame of mind. You have to work hard to get the results you want.
I'm 5 foot 1 and 31 years old and went from a dress size 20 to a dress size 10 and I'm 1 pound of a 5 stone loss x 54o1te9wm1ar.jpg
v35l7d505bz2.jpg
ajamua02v3r8.jpg

Replies

• nadinestrother
    nadinestrother Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • yasef13
    yasef13 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Aaaamazing
  • gember85
    Options
    Thank you x
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Wow-fantastic job!! Big difference-you look amazing!! Thank you for sharing :)
  • RegainFiks
    RegainFiks Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Amazing, well done!!!
  • BlendaBrenda
    BlendaBrenda Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! So inspiring!
  • gember85
    Options
    Thanks all
  • magicsd
    magicsd Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    A-MAZING! :)
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Just incredible! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Super great progress! Nice job
  • mpkanewske
    mpkanewske Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Great progress! How long did it take you?
  • doesthisappmakemelookfat
    Options
    Just amazing. Great work, and great story.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    one word ....wow!!
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational, @gember85, to lose about 32 kg and that too in just 9 months -- that's fantastic!! Thank you for sharing your story.
  • SilverSheWolf55
    SilverSheWolf55 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    This is so inspiring. I am sure you are so proud of yourself and YOU SHOULD BE. What a great story and such dedication! Next step I need to do is get another scale! Thanks for sharing your success! :)
  • gember85
    Options
    Thanks everyone and yes defo get a food scale really has helped me x
  • pldavis10
    pldavis10 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    What a great job you've done. You look fantastic! Very inspiring.
  • JudyCoventry39
    JudyCoventry39 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How many pounds is that?
    Congratulations you look wonderful! I bet you're so happy with yourself :-) Thank you for the simplistic description of how you did it and for just doing the basics. It's an inspiration to all of us who just want it simple.
  • gember85
    Options
    69 pounds it is 1 pound of hitting 5 stone x
  • Taylorgo90
    Taylorgo90 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    WOW
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!