What do/did you hate about being overweight?

Options
I hate my double chin in photos.

I hate my total lack of energy.

I hate getting out of breath after climbing one flight of stairs.

I hate feeling twenty years older than I actually am.

I hate being the *only* fat person in my family, and the *only* fat female in my group of friends.

I hate wasting my money on junk food.

I hate sneaking food and lying to people about my diet.

I hate having a strained relationship with my parents, who hate the fact that I've gotten so big.

I hate feeling like I'm being judged whenever I eat in public.

I hate chairs with arms, and cheap plastic chairs.

I hate the seats at old cinemas and old theatres.

I hate university combined chair/desks, and lecture halls with flip-down desks.

I hate the fact that I look huge in all my recent graduation photos, and that I'm embarrassed to show anyone.

I hate that I've been single for almost six years, while most my friends are in long-term relationships. I know it's because of my weight.

I hate that I know several people who are decades older than I am and who are *much* fitter than me.

I hate being fat while also being very tall (5'11''). I feel like a man.

I hate clothes shopping. I hate having to pass up clothes that I like because I look fat in them, and having to settle for clothes that are "slimming". (I hate that word, by the way.)

I hate wearing mostly black clothes because I don't feel confident enough to wear colours.

I hate wearing loose-fitting clothes all the time, because I don't feel confident enough to wear anything even remotely fitting.

I hate feeling like I've wasted my 20s being obese and unhappy, when they should have been the best years of my life.

What about everyone else?

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I didn't like that I felt fat and my favorite clothes were too tight. I didn't have any health problems because I was pretty active but since I'd been thin for so long I just didn't feel like me anymore.
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Being over weight. I was extremely self conscious. Only after I began losing, and becoming more active did being healthy become the larger issue for me.
  • LisaKay91
    LisaKay91 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I hate that I am too nervous to get on a roller coaster because I am terrified I won't fit in the seat.
    I could be 100lbs and I would still be nervous getting on one. I haven't rode a coaster in like 3 years because of it.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,937 Member
    Options
    I hated not being able to cycle up hills ... not being able to cycle somewhat fast anymore ... not being able to do the long distance cycling events I love doing ...

I hated not being able to walk up hills without gasping and wheezing for breath and looking like I needed medical attention ...

I hated sitting in soft seats (like sofas and things) and feeling all squished ...

I hated that I had a closet full of my slender clothes which I couldn't fit into anymore.