Recipes wanted - Intermittent fasting

gabbycavanagh
gabbycavanagh Posts: 9 Member
Hi guys,
I've been doing some intermittent fasting which seems to be responding to my body quite well. I'm currently doing 18:6 (eating between midday and 6pm).
I'm just after some recipes so that I don't get bored eating the same things and derail.
My diet at the moment is roughly 70-80% paleo and I'm trying to cut out sugar and processed garbage.
If anyone has some suggestions or doing intermittent fasting as well I'd love to hear from you or send through a friend request!

Replies

• soazrj
    soazrj Posts: 23 Member
    Hello! I'm on day 2 of nearly the same thing, although I'm probably more towards the Keto paleo end. I do need to get some more fruits and veggies in.

As far as the intermittent fasting aspect I think I'm enjoying that a lot more it helps me get more of that full feeling and being able to just hear down through a hunger period.

• gabbycavanagh
    I can totally relate. I'm just under a week in and I'm feeling fantastic. My body has responded better than I thought it would.
    My day begins at 5-6am where I have water. Usually somewhere between 8-10am I have a small cappuccino with no added sugar and full cream milk totalling 116 calories and that gets me through to midday just fine.
    I normally try to have just two meals at lunch and dinner giving me around the 600 calorie mark or just under for each meal.
    I've cut out soda and milk chocolate and I've noticed less migraines. If I crave chocolate, I have two small blocks of my favourite dark chocolate and that satisfies me.
    Currently I'm just at a bit of a loss with what to do with proteins. I love chicken and can eat it nearly every day. Often just skinless breast and sometimes skinless thigh. I'm thinking of making up a batch of scotch eggs as well which I think from memory ended up being just over 100 calories in each one last time I made some. Will be scouring pinterest as well I think!
  • soazrj
    soazrj Posts: 23 Member
    I've recently dived into roasts. I bought myself a pressure cooker and can have a basic roast cooked up in about 40 mins cook time, and it comes out very tender. I'll usually pair it with some mixed veggies or if I'm totally lazy just plain old roast. Or it makes some good sandwiches with a bit of salt and mayo.
  • gabbycavanagh
    That's a really good idea. I keep forgetting I have a slow cooker that I used to love to use. I used to pop in a whole chicken with some seasoning and let it go for 8 hours and was perfect for shredding and using in everything. I've been looking at bento meal trays to fill as well to get some variety in
  • RONI11
    RONI11 Posts: 29 Member
    I keep hearing great things about the intermittent fasting! I'm glad its working for you. I'm going to do some research I might give it a go as well. Good luck :)
  • gabbycavanagh
    RONI11 wrote: »
    I keep hearing great things about the intermittent fasting! I'm glad its working for you. I'm going to do some research I might give it a go as well. Good luck :)

I found some great blogs from pinterest that were really interesting and that's when I decided to give it a go. It's hard for me, at first, training my body. It's been a process but it's not as hard as I thought.
    I found a blog called 'food can wait' on pinterest and is also apparently on Facebook and twitter. I eat from midday to 6pm 18:6 and currently am allowing 1300 calories for now. It's just finding recipes now so I don't get bored. Good luck and happy searching! Let us know how you go.
  • tsm82
    tsm82 Posts: 1 Member
    Lettuce wraps are my thing right now... With chicken salad or taco meat and cheese or blt or ham and avocado... So many choices!!