It's all about the journey NOT the destination (I'm new here)

Options
Don't get me wrong, losing that 60lbs (yes!! I need to lose this!!) at the end of that journey WILL be the cherry on the sundae but with time (and age) I've learned that it's not just about the destination, it's about learning how to deal with the path itself, learning to deal with the obstacles, falling and getting back up. There will be days where eating 1200 calories won't happen, where exercising won't be an option, there will be moments where we'll (I'll) want to give up, but I won't. Because I am human, because we all are. Because we're in this together. This is not just another attempt to lose weight, this is our life. This is our chance to get healthy, one day at a time. So if you're looking to find support, motivation and a friend, I'm the one. The one that will understand that, not everyday is a sunny day, but that after the rain, the sky will always shine!

Replies

• CatFan1019
    CatFan1019 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Love your attitude! Sent you a friend request.
  • ANewWayToLive
    ANewWayToLive Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    CatFan1019 wrote: »
    Love your attitude! Sent you a friend request.

Thank you Cat!!! I'm happy to count you as one of my new friend!! I'm positive we can help each other achieve our goals wiith the right mindset, attitude and determination!!
  • LYNNM50
    LYNNM50 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to request friends but love ur attitude. ...trying lose 40 and hard to stay in 1200 ....have auto immune illness some days just can't workout like I want but little is better than nothing
  • ANewWayToLive
    Options
    LYNNM50 wrote: »
    I don't know how to request friends but love ur attitude. ...trying lose 40 and hard to stay in 1200 ....have auto immune illness some days just can't workout like I want but little is better than nothing

Thank you @LYNNM50 !!! I'm sorry to hear about your illness. You need to take this one day at a time. There's no need to worry about tommorow and feel guilt about yesterday. There's no time limit to health. One day it can totally go right, you'll have energy and motivation to workout and some other days, just the thought of working out will drain you. I'm on that same boat!!
  • ANewWayToLive
    Options
    If there's anyone out there that are interested and/in looking for an accountable friend, I'm sure we can work together to make this journey more enjoyable, motivating and find the right support to help each other out! I'm from Canada (Montreal) and my goal is to get healthy, lose 60 pounds and find enjoyable ways to make this #ANewWayToLive and just not a quick fix! Let's do this together!
  • BellaSOUL11
    BellaSOUL11 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    YES! I agree <3
  • BellaSOUL11
    BellaSOUL11 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    YES! I agree <3
  • ANewWayToLive
    Options
    If there's anyone out there that are interested and/in looking for an accountable friend, I'm sure we can work together to make this journey more enjoyable, motivating and find the right support to help each other out! I'm from Canada (Montreal) and my goal is to get healthy, lose 60 pounds and find enjoyable ways to make this #ANewWayToLive and just not a quick fix! Let's do this together!

Still looking for accountable friends here :)
  • ANewWayToLive
    Options
    Still looking for accountable friends here :) [/quote]
  • LittleCulturedPearl
    LittleCulturedPearl Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Would love to be your Accountabilibuddy! I need more of those!
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Amazing outlook. I really needed to read that.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 3,080 Member
    Options
    Nice post!