Anyone want to start the 30 shred tomorrow?

Options

Replies

• gd50cent
    gd50cent Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    day 5 done for me too. all the people who said to push through the first few days of pain were right coz i feel pretty good again. good job! done some extra cardio straight after as i'm out on the party juice tonite. so gonna go over my calories for the day but have been good all week so hoping it doesnt affect me too much. only problem is i'm probably gonna have to do day 6 with a hangover! yikes! guessing that wont be fun! lol
  • gd50cent
    Options
    I want to start the 30 day shred tomorrow and I would LOVE to have some people to do it with for support!! Let me know!! Thanks!

what is the 30 day shred?

its a jillian michaels workout dvd. u do it every day for 30 days. google it or search on amazon etc. plenty of threads about it on MFP too. some of us on this thread started on monday just passed so are on day 5 now. 25 to go!!
  • lbbeaty
    lbbeaty Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Someone told me to log it in your diary as circuit training for 20 min. Depending on your weight it will let you know!
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    you girls are awesome.. today i totally didn;t feel like doing the 30DS but then i logged on and saw you girls already did day 5 and made me feel left out.. i am about ti pop in the dvd and get day 5 started :))) thanks girls...
  • BrookeMax
    BrookeMax Posts: 46
    Options
    Finished day 5!! Feeling really good and I can feel my body getting stronger! I decided to just see if I have lost inches yet... and I have! Its very motivating!
  • gd50cent
    Options
    you girls are awesome.. today i totally didn;t feel like doing the 30DS but then i logged on and saw you girls already did day 5 and made me feel left out.. i am about ti pop in the dvd and get day 5 started :))) thanks girls...

girls? *cough cough* lol.
  • gd50cent
    Options
    level 1, day 6 done! definitely feel like its working. and so glad its getting easier to do the workouts now.

6 down, 24 to go.........
  • cocolo89
    Options

girls? *cough cough* lol.

lol sorry.. and guys :))
  • cocolo89
    Options
    ok totally don't feel like doing 30DS today, especially since it's saturday, but i'm just going to go ahead and push through with it... day 6 level 2 here i come... BTW- i totally hate level 2 LOL.. the plank exercises are the worse! i guess this is what you get when you skip level 1 :S
  • BrookeMax
    Options
    I haven't had a chance to do day 6 yet but I am going to...even if I have to do it late tonight! Is everyone doing it on Sunday's too or are you taking a rest tomorrow? I can't decide. I normally dont exercise on Sundays... what do you all think?
  • jackrokal
    jackrokal Posts: 18
    Options
    Just did day 5 today, I took a rest day yesterday because I wasn't home at all so I didn't get a chance to do the shred. But I did get a lot of walking in :)
  • BrookeMax
    Options
    Finished day 6! My husband did it with me... I can't believe how much easier its getting. My endurance is MUCH better than when I started!
  • gd50cent
    Options
    level1, day 7 today. but its sunday and i'd love to just have a lazy day on the sofa in front of the telly. but i will get off my *kitten* and do it!
  • gd50cent
    Options
    level 1, day 7 - done! feels good to have a week behind me already. i'm well on my way to being shredded! :happy:

7 down, 23 to go.

just need to motivate myself for 30 mins cardio now to make up for the beers and bbq over the weekend.
  • cocolo89
    Options
    I haven't had a chance to do day 6 yet but I am going to...even if I have to do it late tonight! Is everyone doing it on Sunday's too or are you taking a rest tomorrow? I can't decide. I normally dont exercise on Sundays... what do you all think?

i usually don't exercise on sunday as well.. it's my day of resting.. i can't decide if i want to do the shred since it's only 20mins... maybe i'll just skip it :))
  • cocolo89
    Options
    Finished day 6! My husband did it with me... I can't believe how much easier its getting. My endurance is MUCH better than when I started!

it is getting alot easier.. i decided to do a challege yesterday when i did the shred. i did both level 1 and level 2... boy was i sweating, but it felt great! since i'm skipping the shred today, i think i will do the same tomorrow, level and 2 to make up for it :)) i'm surpised i'm not feeling an inch sore today... on top of doing the shred i also mowed our lawn with a push mower.. llol boy was i pumped
  • gd50cent
    Options
    yesterday was day 7 of level 1 for me. weighed myself this morning and lost 4lbs since last monday. well happy with that! managed to do the 30DS every day and also done 30 mins extra cardio on saturday and sunday.

getting shredded! :happy:
  • coffeye
    coffeye Posts: 20
    Options
    Day six for me today and will do it later this evening definitively getting easier although the push ups are still the bane of my life. I have managed to do 5 full push ups so far and the rest the modified version. I took a day off in Friday as i was so sore. I am combining the 30 day shred with my cycling and running( alternating each day) and i am definitively noticing the endurance level is on the up:)
  • gd50cent
    Options
    Day six for me today and will do it later this evening definitively getting easier although the push ups are still the bane of my life. I have managed to do 5 full push ups so far and the rest the modified version. I took a day off in Friday as i was so sore. I am combining the 30 day shred with my cycling and running( alternating each day) and i am definitively noticing the endurance level is on the up:)

i had problems with the push ups too but each day i try and do a few more than the previous day. can manage 15 'proper' push ups in the first session now and think i managed 8 in the 2nd session yesterday. then the rest as modified. hoping by the end of level one i'll be able to do 15 and 15. definitely the hardest part of level 1 for me though. quite glad its at the start and out of the way quickly! lol
  • gd50cent
    Options
    day 8, level 1 - done! pushups definitely getting easier now!

8 down, 22 to go.........