Too many fruits???

TheHappyLoser
TheHappyLoser Posts: 95 Member
edited June 2016 in Food and Nutrition
I went to a farmers market yesterday and I bought fresh fruits and vegetables for one week. I was so proud of myself.

I had peaches and strawberries for lunch and red plums and more peaches for dinner.

I had eaten only fruits all day long and I felt comfortably full and not hungry. I was shocked when logged it in my food journal.

450 calories but 74 mg sugar, what is higher that what I should have.

I know that refined sugar and sugar from fruits are not the same. Still, it counts the same here.

So, is it bad to have a few fruit days in summer when everything is fresh and so much cheaper than it is during the rest of the year? I don't have any medical issues that I know off, besides being too fat.

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    If you have a medical reason to restrict sugar or your eating plan requires it (like if you were trying to stay in ketosis or such), then natural sugars matter. For the rest of us, it's a lot of personal preference and choosing our priorities. I don't track sugar and don't worry about it as long as the rest of my goals are being met. Others do. It's up to you.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    edited June 2016
    Nope. If your goal is weight loss, it's overall calories that matter while total nutrition comes from a combination of macro and micro nutrient intake.

Fruit is a great source of micro-nutrients.

Many people, especially those without a medical reason to monitor sugar intake, choose not to track sugar (myself included) and instead, track fiber which can be another useful thing to keep track of.

• TheHappyLoser
    TheHappyLoser Posts: 95 Member
    Nope. If your goal is weight loss, it's overall calories that matter while total nutrition comes from a combination of macro and micro nutrient intake.

Fruit is a great source of micro-nutrients.

Many people, especially those without a medical reason to monitor sugar intake, choose not to track sugar (myself included) and instead, track fiber which can be another useful thing to keep track of.

Thank you. I had no idea I could do that. I just changed my setting and threw the sugar out.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Sounds delicious!
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    i love fruit. on a daily basis (mostly in the summer) i eat watermelon, nectarines, cherries, pineapple and a smoothie with fruit in it. Mostly watermelon and nectarines tho ugh i love summer fruit.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    I've eaten double that in fruit today:)
    ( I also have no medical issues)