Points plus plan weight loss

Options
The points plus plan is kind of confusing to me. Factoring my age and height and weight.. I would get around 37 points. If I added 4 points out of bonus and I added another 12 points because of the running and physical exercise I do.. I get to 53 points total. There is a cap here they say it is to much over 71. What does this mean and how to I factor this in my plan? Is that too many points for my weight and height and exercise?

Replies

• godlikepoetyes
    godlikepoetyes Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    MY FITNESS PAL does not use points. It uses calories.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    This is why calorie counting can be a better choice, much less confusing than a point system .
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    As someone else who is still confused and annoyed by this new ever changing system:

Before you couldn't use the Fitpoints . Now you can? Since when?

If you are asking how much you can eat before you gain or your weight loss slows: there is no points to calorie ratio, as in 1 pt = x calories. I'm on maintenance on 30 pts. When I log here it is anywhere from 1200 to 2000 calories depending on food choices. But this is my experience.

YMMV. If you are unsure as to what you are doing, speak to your leader, and good luck.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    MY FITNESS PAL does not use points. It uses calories.

OP might be double tracking on WW site and here. A lot of members do it. I do every now and then, but not as often. It gets tedious and then there's the whole " well pick a side already" thing.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    You might be better off asking in the WW forum, it's pretty active and people will have far more idea.
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    This is why calorie counting can be a better choice, much less confusing than a point system .

Calorie counting is not confusing at all. I'm not putting anyone down because they choose to use that system but its too confusing to me also. I tried it when they first came out many years ago, and I only lasted one week, went back to counting my calories.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Calorie counting is not confusing at all. I'm not putting anyone down because they choose to use that system but its too confusing to me also. I tried it when they first came out many years ago, and I only lasted one week, went back to counting my calories.

I'm a former WWer who left and started calorie counting after they kept over complicating it and moving the goal posts.
  • mandybear014
    mandybear014 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    As someone else who is still confused and annoyed by this new ever changing system:

Before you couldn't use the Fitpoints . Now you can? Since when?

If you are asking how much you can eat before you gain or your weight loss slows: there is no points to calorie ratio, as in 1 pt = x calories. I'm on maintenance on 30 pts. When I log here it is anywhere from 1200 to 2000 calories depending on food choices. But this is my experience.

YMMV. If you are unsure as to what you are doing, speak to your leader, and good luck.

+1. I didn't mind WW when I tried it a few years back. I liked it. Lost about 20 pounds before they changed the systems again which I wasn't a fan of because it seemed to happen a lot. Like chnphillips suggested, speak to your leader - in my experience they were good to lean on for support. Good luck to you.