Low Carb and Low Sugar - who wants to join?

Options

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Sugar is a carb. It is redundant to say low sugar and low carb. I know what you mean, but it's just...I don't know...it comes from a place of not understanding things.

And, all of it is unnecessary. If you want to do it, do it. It's not harmful. But, it's also not helpful. it's just another way to create a calorie deficit.

But actually it's not.....thanks for the wrong info in your input though!

Please explain?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Sugar is a carb. It is redundant to say low sugar and low carb. I know what you mean, but it's just...I don't know...it comes from a place of not understanding things.

And, all of it is unnecessary. If you want to do it, do it. It's not harmful. But, it's also not helpful. it's just another way to create a calorie deficit.

How do you think it's not? Please explain?
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options

Moderation is key to long term maintenance. What plans do you have in place once your goals are met? Learning moderation of all foods while losing means no transition into introducing them back into your diet when you reach maintenance. Much easier, in my opinion.
    JW, cuz I have lost over 1/2 of my current body weight and have kept it off for over 2-1/2 years by portion control and moderation in all foods.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Most all foods are OK in moderation for many people. It is the foods that can trigger a negative autoimmune response that need to be watched or total removed from one's diet.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Most all foods are OK in moderation for many people. It is the foods that can trigger a negative autoimmune response that need to be watched or total removed from one's diet.

I agree
  • seaniepoohbear
    seaniepoohbear Posts: 57 Member
    Options

How do you think it's not? Please explain?

Eating lower carbs is not unnecessary and actually is very helpful not its not just creating a calorie deficit. When I was eating a 1200 calorie diet I was counting calories only. So I was focusing on portions and control and eating how I wanted as long as I had the calories and I still gained weight no cheating at all.
    My dr told me I was pre diabetic and have PCOS so that pasta even though it was whole grain was turning to glucose...so my wheat bread was turning to glucose...I cut out bleached and tried to eat healthy things like brown rice ect and still was not successful. Cut out all carbs besides those from vegetables and some fruit and healthy carbs(not bread and pastas ect) and have lost about 50 lbs in 3 months and I actually usually eat about 1300 calories now so kind of went up most days yet I'm losing. So I have to side with my dr and my weight loss and say that it IS helpful and that information is wrong.

" And, all of it is unnecessary. If you want to do it, do it. It's not harmful. But, it's also not helpful. it's just another way to create a calorie deficit."

And not to mention my Cysts on my ovaries are better, my skin is better, my blood pressure is better my mental health is way better and everything is finally changing and I'm healthier than I have been in 10 years due to no longer eating unhealthy carbs
  • Tsure35
    Tsure35 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just starting over doing something new anyone can add me if they like
  • angdelarosa
    angdelarosa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    amber6110 wrote: »
    My husband and I started a low carb and sugar lifestyle about 3 weeks ago and have lost 10lbs. We are trying new recipes and enjoying all new foods we would have never eaten before. Who wants to take the ride with us and share recipes, daily plans etc?

I'm starting the same diet too! Please add me. Thanks
  • cindimk
    cindimk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Please add me as well. I've been doing this for awhile now and love it.
  • cindimk
    cindimk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Please add me to the group. I have been eating this way for sometime and love it.
  • TinaGA2015
    TinaGA2015 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Add me I would like to join
  • missourinurse
    missourinurse Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Keto. Add me.
  • ShadeW94
    ShadeW94 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me too. Today is my first day starting it!
  • 805_blondie
    805_blondie Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Add me, I decided to try it because everything else had failed/ I failed at other lifestyles. My friend has lost over 160 lbs and just reached goal, I'm so proud of her! I need to really give this a shot. I'm tired of my weight continuing to creep up. Pregnancy changed my body, never had a weight problem before and I'm very overweight now. I have a special needs kid and a lot of stress from my insane schedule. I need something that I don't have to spend hours at the gym and can just be active with my son.
  • iamgunz
    iamgunz Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Add me I will like to join!!
  • izziedodat
    izziedodat Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That's what I'm currently doing now! Feel free to add me
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Low Carbers Daily Forum is such a supportive, knowledgeable group. Everyone should head on over.
  • snehad123
    snehad123 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I do low carb (40 g). You can add me. I have 20 lbs to my goal weight.