Lost 35 lbs, still wearing size 11!!!

Options
I'm 4"9 and weighed 90lbs before I got pregnant. At my heaviest I weighed 156 and managed to get down to 114 for a while but got all the back up to 155 again! And then just now got back down to 120. At 155 I was wearing a size 13 and now at 120 I've only gone down one size. I'm just really confused.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    You may need to shop in the women's petite section. 11 is a junior's size, which means it will be cut more narrow through the hips/thighs and shoulders/bust. I don't know your age but it is common for young women's bodies shapes to shift slightly even into their early 20s and certainly after pregnancy.
  • CourtneyYoung2015
    CourtneyYoung2015 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Oh that makes a lot of sense! Haha I'm just stressing because I lost so much and I'm still wearing the exact same pants. People keep saying smaller sizes only need to lose like 10-15 lbs to drop a size but it took me 35!
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I think you're doing a great job. Try to focus on what's important. Congratulations on weight loss.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Clothes sizing has also changed
  • stephinator92
    stephinator92 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    When I originally lost & gained weight (225lbs-202lbs) I remained a size 14... Sometimes weird stuff just happens! If you feel better, go with that! Also every clothing brand cuts their sizes totally different. So let's say you're an 11 at American Eagle- you might be an 8 in Old Navy. Shop around and see what you come up with!
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    My mother is fond of telling people that at her lowest weight while struggling with a thyroid condition, she was 5'9" and 115 pounds and still wore a size 13, because that's how big her hips, ribs, and shoulders were. She still wore a size 13 when she was 140 pounds.
    I'm 40+ pounds higher than my lowest adult weight, and I'm only up one size. Frame size matters a LOT.