Struggling with my weight loss

Options
I'm so upset with my weight loss and I need to drop at least 75 pounds and it's been tough as I have a sweet tooth and I need ways to not think about sweets. I have and use my Fitbit everyday so I know down the road someday I will be 75 pounds lighter please feel free to add me o need help

Replies

• dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I would recommend that you tighten up your logging. You have missed several days and not logged full days.

If you haven't gotten a kitchen scale yet, I highly recommend it. You really can't be accurate using measuring cups or relying on single serving size nutritional data. This is especially important for high-calorie foods like peanut butter.

Since you love sweets, I recommend that you find a way to fit them in so you don't feel so deprived. But I also think if you tweak the macros you are eating, craving sweets won't be such a problem.

Your diet is carb heavy, especially in high Glycemic Index (GI) carbs, which hit your system fast and then leave you hungry quickly. (Ditch the rice cakes and those veggie straws -- those are primarily potato starch and corn starch...is that even food?) I highly recommend you find a way to incorporate more fiber in your diet through whole grains or vegetables. Fiber is more filling and long lasting. Fiber One offers a line of sweets that are also high in fiber -- that may be a win-win for you.

Increase your protein, too. Protein is filling and you don't want to lose any more lean muscle mass than you have to while dieting.

Your sodium intake is off the chain, girlfriend. You need to find ways to reduce that -- buy fresh or frozen vegetables and if you have to buy canned, buy the reduced-sodium or no-sodium-added versions. Read the nutrition labels.

Best of luck to you. You can do this! It just takes educating yourself and experimenting with how different foods keep you full...or keep you craving more.
  • fattynomore78
    fattynomore78 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the tips and ideas I will check in to that and see what I can do thanks again
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Track everything you eat! Eat in a deficit. Thats all there is to it.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I lost most of my weight eating a square of dark chocolate and a small bowl of ice cream EVERY DAY. I looked forward to those treats every night, it helped me say "no" to other treats I was presented with during the day. If I stopped at a store and the Snickers bars called to me, I'd say "no, I have ice cream at home for after dinner."
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    My advice is to cut out all artificial sweeteners ( if you use them) from every thing you eat and drink in favour of tiny amounts of real sugar ( if you need it). I found myself using more and more sweetener and reaching for sweet things more, and my appetite was increaseing. Since cutting them.out my appetite has gone back to normal and i dont crave so much.

I tend to crave something sweet after i eat- so i suck a mint imperial (just sugar and pepermint oil at 7 cals each) which takes away the cravings. Aniseed balls also wirk for me. I can stop at just one of these.
  • stephinator92
    stephinator92 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Rethink how you're divying up your calories and make room for the treats you would like. Another method, not mentioned here, (some use and some don't) is to have 1 cheat meal per week. So be as good as you can and then treat yourself to one meal each week in which you eat whatever you want.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Track every morsel you put in your mouth. Purchase a digital food scale. It is truly amazing when you start weighing your food. Get rid of all that garbage you are eating
    empty carbs.