kale recipes

mbtaylor014165
mbtaylor014165 Posts: 1 Member
so I have been looking for good way to use kale in smoothies and food !?

Replies

• _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    tumblr_mw9yvnuZmK1qdqyxho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_noanbzZbam1rv5qkqo1_500.jpg

img_2345.jpg
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited June 2016
    If you're eating it raw in a salad, it doesn't taste right unless you massage it first and let it sit. Massaged kale

For a cooked dish, my family and friends love this African Peanut Stew and it freezes wonderfully for batch cooking. I swap the collard greens for kale, depending on what's easier to find at the time.

Kale fritters are really good too, or you can always use extra kale in a pesto, mixed in your pasta, omelettes, casseroles, etc.

I sometimes make a turkey sweet potato chili and add kale into that when I want to use it up. Another great one for freezing.
  • SmokerOfDoobies
    SmokerOfDoobies Posts: 10 Member
    This recipe is amazing.... Everyone in my family loves it. It makes a small batch ... Or maybe it seems small to me because its always gone the same night I make it. Smoked sausage kale and potato soup.

http://diethood.com/smoked-sausage-kale-and-potato-soup/

I also like to saute it with whatever other vegi's I happen to have. Add it to rice and chicken with light balsamic vinaigrette.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Kale chips!!!! . I LOVE them, and I have several friends whose teenage children who will not eat ANYTHING remotely healthy can go through 2 lbs of kale worth of chips in one sitting.
    It's easy:
    * REMOVE RIBS --cut out the ribs and set aside (I add these to stir fries)
    * RINSE & DRAIN -- keeping the remaining leaves in as large of pieces as possible, rinse very well, and drain. They have a tendency to crumble when dry, so I try to keep the pieces as big as possible at this stage, knowing they'll break apart later in the process.
    * COOKIE SHEET-- Cover a cookie sheet generously with no-stick cooking spray, and arrange kale pieces on sheet. It's OK if they still have water clinging to leaves (helps the spices adhere)
    * SEASON-- here's the fun part: get creative and season the heck out of 'em! My favorite combinations are garlic powder and Tajin chile-lime seasoning, and garlic powder and curry spices. A friend of mine likes ranch seasoning packets; and another one does dried peanut butter and chile powder
    * DRY IN LOW OVEN:--bake in a 200-degree oven until completely dry (~60 - 90 minutes or so) I usually set my timer in 30 minute increments so I don't forget and leave them in the oven overnight (yes, I've done it :wink: )
    * STORE: place in plastic storage bags, being careful not to crush them when removing from cookie sheet.
    * ENJOY!

• lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    I love this recipe and change up the vinegar. So easy and so good. I use a lot of red pepper as I like things spicy.

http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/12874-sauteed-kale
  • suska007
    suska007 Posts: 20 Member
    My favorite Greek Kale Salad

1 bunch kale, ribs removed and torn into bite-sized pieces
    2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
    1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
    1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    Juice of 1 lemon
    Sea salt and pepper, to taste

Add everything to a gallon ziplock bag. Remove most of the air. Massage kale with for 10 minutes. Refrigerate overnight. It must be massaged and rest overnight.