Fitbit Blaze....?

Options
Just looking for opinions on the fit bit blaze smart watch....thank you so much in advance

Replies

• Sixtine79
    Sixtine79 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I love it. It's easy to use and looks good (not too big). The only thing is you will need to take your phone with you for gps functions if you like to run. I don't mind because I like to have my phone with me anyway.
  • jessicaquiros1994
    jessicaquiros1994 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Sixtine79 wrote: »
    I love it. It's easy to use and looks good (not too big). The only thing is you will need to take your phone with you for gps functions if you like to run. I don't mind because I like to have my phone with me anyway.

How's the battery life?
  • Sixtine79
    Sixtine79 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Battery life is a bit short for my taste. I have to charge maybe every 4-5 days?
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I won't try to steer you too much as I'm biased, but I would check out the Vivoactive HR before buying the Blaze. It does everything the Blaze does. It also has built-in GPS, connects to chest straps, is waterproof, and has a decent store to add free widgets, data fields, and watch faces. It also has a much better battery life (unless you constantly use the GPS) .
  • aub6689
    aub6689 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I got the blaze and love it, but I had a fitbit flex before so massive upgrade for me! I can't provide any insight into comparability with vivo/garmin/polar, but I can say I really like what I have.
  • jessicaquiros1994
    Options
    I won't try to steer you too much as I'm biased, but I would check out the Vivoactive HR before buying the Blaze. It does everything the Blaze does. It also has built-in GPS, connects to chest straps, is waterproof, and has a decent store to add free widgets, data fields, and watch faces. It also has a much better battery life (unless you constantly use the GPS) .

I'll definitely check it out.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    bump as interested in hearing the feedback :smile:
  • brigg9
    brigg9 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I love it. I've been using it for about 3 months now, and the battery easily lasts 4-5 days. You'll even receive email notifications when your battery gets low. Heart rate monitor is spot on compared to the chest straps that I've used. I don't regret buying it at all. It has been an amazing tool so far.
  • scottm424
    scottm424 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You may want to also look at the FitBit Surge. Definitely more of a sportwatch, but has the built-in GPS.
  • Bg_Fish
    Bg_Fish Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love the Fitbit Blaze. Not sure why people have battery issues...I throw mine on my charger while I shower...and have never had a problem. The reason I chose this over other activity trackers is: Looks great, a huge variety of alternate bands and metal rings (low cost) and the app. The other benefits I wasn't counting on are: I love the text and meeting notifications and I find it more accurate than I was originally expecting. My one issue: after a few weeks, my skin broke out in a rash under my band. But for approx. $11 I picked up a leather band which feels better and isn't causing any problems. Hope this helps...
  • jessicaquiros1994
    Options
    brigg9 wrote: »
    I love it. I've been using it for about 3 months now, and the battery easily lasts 4-5 days. You'll even receive email notifications when your battery gets low. Heart rate monitor is spot on compared to the chest straps that I've used. I don't regret buying it at all. It has been an amazing tool so far.

Awesome thank you!
  • jessicaquiros1994
    Options
    Bg_Fish wrote: »
    I love the Fitbit Blaze. Not sure why people have battery issues...I throw mine on my charger while I shower...and have never had a problem. The reason I chose this over other activity trackers is: Looks great, a huge variety of alternate bands and metal rings (low cost) and the app. The other benefits I wasn't counting on are: I love the text and meeting notifications and I find it more accurate than I was originally expecting. My one issue: after a few weeks, my skin broke out in a rash under my band. But for approx. $11 I picked up a leather band which feels better and isn't causing any problems. Hope this helps...

Thank you! It did help I believe I'm going to get one and see how I like it. Thank you guys.
  • double_dash88
    double_dash88 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about getting the blaze too but am wondering about the different bands. Does anyone know if you can replace them with regular watchbands (like with the pin in it) or can you only use the fitbit designed ones?
  • NofatdaddyMike
    NofatdaddyMike Posts: 574 Member
    Options

I'm thinking about getting the blaze too but am wondering about the different bands. Does anyone know if you can replace them with regular watchbands (like with the pin in it) or can you only use the fitbit designed ones?
    The blaze will fit any 2mm bands out there. You can buy a lot of different ones on the cheap through E-bay or even Amazon, though E-bay is usually cheaper but may take longer to get.

• nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Amazon has many bands. I have four different colors now and they are comfy as the original band.

I had a Charge HR before the Blaze. I like the Blaze much better as for comfort, etc. And the easy of use of the screen.

I still wear my zip too though. I find that I must glide my arms too smoothly on walks and get short changed or when shopping and pushing a cart, I don't get many steps so the zip picks those up.

The HR on the blaze has almost the same results as my Polar chest strap.
  • sexyspecsyJoJo
    sexyspecsyJoJo Posts: 11 Member
    Options

aub6689 wrote: »
    I got the blaze and love it, but I had a fitbit flex before so massive upgrade for me! I can't provide any insight into comparability with vivo/garmin/polar, but I can say I really like what I have.

I had one , but sent it back to Amazon as it's good , but big and bulky.
    So I've gone back to my Apple Watch and Alta Fitbit.
    Big difference in steps though f7kn73agakfc.jpg
  • carmexaldewin87
    carmexaldewin87 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Have the Blaze for about two months now and love it. I had the charge hr previously and it's a nice upgrade. One new benefit is the ability to replace the bands! I love the notifications and it works quite well with workouts. I just did Insanity Max:30 tabata power and it kept up nicely. Only problem is with tricep dips and push ups, it tended to pause as my wrist pushed the side button.
  • awcforever
    awcforever Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Blaze is awesome! 5 days of battery life, and the heart monitor is damn near aligned with the real deal medical equipment. I've had mine for 4 months and that's through the rain, mud runs, rock climbing, and mountain hikes.