JUDD or The ADD cals/day

Options
My weight loss has not only plateau'ed but Ive gained back 15 pounds!!! Im still counting cals, nothing in that arena has changed. Im thinking of doing the JUDD diet to recharge my metabolism. Im curious if anyone knows the answer to this. On my "down days" when I only eat 500 cals, Is this my NET cals? Or is this my total cals for the day? For example, if I burn 500 extra cals that day, can I essentially eat 1000? My NET cals would then = 500. OR....If I burn 500 extra cals that day and only eat 500 cals, my balance would = 0....? PLease help!!

Replies

• suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    And you can't recharge your metabolism sorry.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    So, apologies OP - I closed without realizing that this is actually an intermittent fasting diet, not a VLCD. Not enough coffee.
  • kristysaurus
    kristysaurus Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You can't "recharge" or reboot or kickstart your metabolism.

I am not intimately familiar with the plans you mentioned but from skimming over it, it looks a lot like intermittent fasting which many people (including myself) do. I believe that you should be eating 500 net (so if you worked 500 calories off you'd eat 1000 calories that day).
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    JustSomeEm wrote: »
    So, apologies OP - I closed without realizing that this is actually an intermittent fasting diet, not a VLCD. Not enough coffee.

True, but if I read the link correctly from the closed thread yesterday the two-week initial phase is low calorie EVERY day. Of course, I could have misread. After that two weeks then I think it's higher calorie one day then low calorie the next.
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    JustSomeEm wrote: »

True, but if I read the link correctly from the closed thread yesterday the two-week initial phase is low calorie EVERY day. Of course, I could have misread. After that two weeks then I think it's higher calorie one day then low calorie the next.

I actually just looked it up on the official website now.

It says the induction phase is two weeks and "down days" must stay below 500 calories. "Down" days after that are reduced to 20% of average daily caloric needs of the individual.

It seems like IF. I honestly don't know much about IF in order to make that judgement though.
  • luv2chewbaca2
    luv2chewbaca2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It IS intermittent fasting. Ive re-posted my question to the appropriate forum/discussion page. It is not a VLCD nor is it 500 cals/day for two weeks.