What do/did you hate about being overweight?

Options

Replies

• lexylondon
    lexylondon Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My thunder thighs and round face hiding my good cheekbones.
  • bgermain17
    bgermain17 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The fact that it was proof that I lost control of my life and I didn't give my body the dedication it deserved to be healthy. I'm working to fix that, but it's nice to think where I could have been if I didn't go crazy.
  • seabee78
    seabee78 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hated:

-shopping for clothes. Men's summer shirts-bright, summer colors in regular sizes..3XL in navy blue or brown only.
    -Airline seats.
    -Amusement park rides.
    -Booths at some restaurants.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    tomteboda wrote: »
    LisaKay91 wrote: »
    yes, all fat people stink unless they shower with relatively crazy frequency

Such as once a day?

I may have an overactive sense of smell, but try three to four.

Olfactory Reference Syndrome

Not exactly right but there may be something else going on there that isn't superior smell.

I had considered that, but it wasn't just myself that I smelled. And it was more or less confirmed at times, when I would pay attention to comments made by others, without my saying anything first.
  • Scorpio8402
    Scorpio8402 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I hate that that's how I felt I needed to protect myself and I hated my double chin. I just wasn't happy in general but it wasn't just my weight!!
  • reinventingjessica11
    reinventingjessica11 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Having to go upstairs or to the back of stores for the larger sizes;
    Feeling the need to put my purse or a pillow on my lap when sitting so no one could see my pooch;
    Being tired and sluggish all the time;
    Feeling ashamed of myself and not wanting to go out much because of it;
    Feeling like I wanted to hide when asked my weight in front of others (for prehire paperwork);
    At 5'5 weighing more than my 6 foot + former linebacker older brother;

• Mentali
    Mentali Posts: 352 Member
    Options

Such as once a day?

Not exactly right but there may be something else going on there that isn't superior smell.

I had considered that, but it wasn't just myself that I smelled. And it was more or less confirmed at times, when I would pay attention to comments made by others, without my saying anything first.

Whaaat? Where are you living that people regularly talk about the smells of other people enough to draw a distinction between overweight and normal weight people? I've literally never had someone comment to me about anyone's body odor. Do you regularly bring this up with people so they think it's a fun topic of conversation to have with you?
  • bekim123
    bekim123 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I hate that in my mind I know I'm not the person I see in the mirror, that the "real" me is the thinner, healthier person that's trying to get out.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Mentali wrote: »

Such as once a day?

Whaaat? Where are you living that people regularly talk about the smells of other people enough to draw a distinction between overweight and normal weight people? I've literally never had someone comment to me about anyone's body odor. Do you regularly bring this up with people so they think it's a fun topic of conversation to have with you?

I work in the paving industry. We are around 300+ degree material, and people sitting in dump trucks all day. Yeah, smells come up. Heh.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I hated that I couldn't have normal blood sugar and blood pressure at my previous weight. That's it. I didn't really hate being obese. There were some inconveniences like having to order clothes online and some other stuff, but they weren't significant enough to use the word "hate".
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Having to go upstairs or to the back of stores for the larger sizes;

I wonder why that is- that the larger sized clothing is ALWAYS in the back. Is it so that it gives overweight people a chance to exercise? Is it so that we won't be seen by those "normal" sized people walking by? It's like a badge of shame.