PCOS

Options
amis_0011
amis_0011 Posts: 8 Member
edited June 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hi ladies just wanted to see how many suffer from PCOS? If so tips managing and what successes or challenges you've had!!

Replies

• jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I just found out I have PCOS. I am also prediabetic. I have been able to lose 10 lbs in the past 3 and a half weeks by eating healthy, reducing my calories, and walking 10k+ steps 5-6 days a week. My doc didnt want to put me on Metformin, but you might want to talk to your doc about it. Good luck to you!
  • hazzaram
    hazzaram Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS with insulin resistance and have been prescribed Metformin and birth control but I haven't really been taking them (financial reasons). I'm sort of stumbling my way through this and it isn't easy. All I can do is try. My endocrinologist told me I need to lose weight so I'm just plugging along and trying to reduce my calories, move more and eat more veggies (I hate veggies).
  • amis_0011
    Options

I actually use to take Metformin but hated how it made me feel. I have started taking Maca root and I love it. So far so good with it so I hope it keeps on the right direction. Good job and same to you!!
  • gozothebest
    gozothebest Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I do aswell. Been diagnosed at the age of 14
  • amis_0011
    Options
    I am fortunate that my body was
    Accepting I just hated the medicine! I use to hate veggies but I just put them in everything I cook. Add some find of hot spice and I'm set . I have adapted the way I cook to make it easier to get all my veggies in.
    hazzaram wrote: »
    I have PCOS with insulin resistance and have been prescribed Metformin and birth control but I haven't really been taking them (financial reasons). I'm sort of stumbling my way through this and it isn't easy. All I can do is try. My endocrinologist told me I need to lose weight so I'm just plugging along and trying to reduce my calories, move more and eat more veggies (I hate veggies).

• amis_0011
    Options
    How is your doctor treating you for it?
    I do aswell. Been diagnosed at the age of 14

• perilousbard
    perilousbard Posts: 47 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hello! I also have PCOS. I was diagnosed this past winter. So far, managing with birth control is helping a lot. I also have a great nutritionist who has recommended supplements and a exercise routine. The hardest thing for me is recovering from my hormones being totally out of whack and accepting that I'm not going to lose weight as easily as everyone else.

There are a couple groups on here if you're looking for a community. :)