Calories

Options
nop2008
nop2008 Posts: 66 Member
Hi all. Do you find that even if you're food choices are not so healthy if you stick to your calorie allowance you still lose weight?

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Yup.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,979 Member
    Options
    yes
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Yes, energy balance is funny like that.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Sometimes. Unless I eat a lot of sugar or salt, then I'll gain.
  • KECrawford71
    KECrawford71 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I recently saw an article where a nutritionist ate nothing but snack food but limited his caloric intake and still lost weight.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    yes
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    It's all a physics problem. Nothing more, nothing less. It's just up to the individual to figure out their parameters.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Yep. You may be cranky because you're hungry because those calories didn't fill you up or you're lacking adequate nutrition but strictly in terms of weight loss - if you eat at a deficit you'll lose whether you're eating chocolate or vegetables.
  • illyich
    illyich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    CICO!
  • lisaloolovesblue
    lisaloolovesblue Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    *facepalm* being healthy is not just about losing weight. Yes, you can lose weight eating nothing but snickers bars. But you would also be in the worst health of your life. Please try to get all your essential nutrients in from real food sources every day.
  • nop2008
    Options
    *facepalm* being healthy is not just about losing weight. Yes, you can lose weight eating nothing but snickers bars. But you would also be in the worst health of your life. Please try to get all your essential nutrients in from real food sources every day.

Hi. I do eat healthy and take it seriously. I was more intrigued than anything.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Yes, because science.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Physics.
  • nop2008
    Options

No one asked this though.

Thanks Chef. I was thinking the same
  • CatherineLaurel
    CatherineLaurel Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Good news for me. I got so annoyed with this girl who tried to tell me counting calories was a bad idea and I just needed to cut things out of my diet. No, I'm nor going to deprive myself of.anything because I will crash and burn. Yes, I know I should eat nutrient rich foods and I do BECAUSE Ican eat more and feel fuller! But a hamburger isn't going to kill me if I can fit it in every once in a while or really, whenever I want!

• nop2008
    Options
    cla11b wrote: »
    Good news for me. I got so annoyed with this girl who tried to tell me counting calories was a bad idea and I just needed to cut things out of my diet. No, I'm nor going to deprive myself of.anything because I will crash and burn. Yes, I know I should eat nutrient rich foods and I do BECAUSE Ican eat more and feel fuller! But a hamburger isn't going to kill me if I can fit it in every once in a while or really, whenever I want!

Amen to that!!!!
  • jester13
    jester13 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    If it fits your macros!!
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,203 Member
    Options
    Of course.