Shakes

Options
ajhc18
ajhc18 Posts: 1 Member
Recommendations for protein/meal replacement shakes? Preferably one that doesn't taste like chalk.

Replies

• cortnie101
    cortnie101 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm using the GNC lean shakes. The Swiss chocolate is really good. Doesn't taste chalky at all. I blend it with a banana for breakfast
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    ON Gold Standard is the one I consider the best for the price.
    here is a picture http://www.costco.com/Optimum-Nutrition-Gold-Standard-100%-Whey™-Protein,-90-Servings.product.100138794.html
    I use a cheap $14 mixer/small blender and I make it with skim milk.
    Pure Protein from walmart is not bad either.
  • beliaamerica
    beliaamerica Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm using ideal lean they have a new one that taste like cupcake. It's really good =) & less then 100 calories right now I can't remember the exact amount.
    The price isnt bad also ;)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Be sure to differentiate between a protein shake, which is protein, and a meal replacement shake, which has more nutrients.
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I use ideal shakes from ideal shape (same company that makes the ideal lean suggested above. Ideal lean is the protein which I will eventually be trying when I have more money to spend). They are meal replacements so they are not necessarily high in protein, but food for replacing a meal. I have one for breakfast almost every single morning blended with ice and almond milk! Tasty as well as quick.
    I have not found them to be chalky and I have tried other brands. Shakeology was the absolute worst!

Good luck!