Food surprises

Options
2»

Replies

• ejb499
    ejb499 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Bumping because I'd like to hear more of these! What are some really yummy low calorie foods?
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    My English muffin with avocado, egg & salsa breakfast sandwich for 300 calories. Delicious and satisfying :D
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    If you like crispy snacks, Special K cracker chips are something I have every night to ease my no potato chip blues - 20 grams for 80 calories, and they come in chip flavours, like bbq, salt and vinegar, sour cream and dill, popcorn, plaint etc. Its just the right size serving for me to be satisfied and happy.
  • sjgold123
    sjgold123 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I've tried narins dark chocolate biscuits tonight must admit pretty good at 44cal each. They come in packs which adds to three conscious minds of how many you are eating plus after 2 I didn't feel i ''needed'' more x
  • sjgold123
    Options
    Oh and I had butternut and parsnip bake tonight from tesco tonight....easy to make yourself...113 per 1/4 of the bake for a change to meat. I had it with baby potatoes (not completely necessary if cutting cards down) salad and quinoa edamne and beetroot grains yum!
  • grace914
    grace914 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    They're a bit higher in calories, but I really like Larabars for my sweet cravings at night. I'm still looking for a substitute for my salty cravings all day. Any suggestions?
  • Jeyradan
    Jeyradan Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Nori snacks! Nori snacks have very few calories and are a great way to quell a craving for a savoury or salty food. (Be aware, though, that they are salty - so if you're watching your sodium intake, think twice.)
  • sjgold123
    Options
    I love humous but even the reduced calorie is fairly high in calories any suggestions on a swap or variety that's lower?
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Zucchini noodles (zoodles) and marinara sauce... perfect for spaghetti, but with virtually no calories from the "pasta"
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Posh corn sweet n salty pop corn. 82 cals a bag. 2g of sugar. *kitten* love the stuff!!!
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Oh and fab ice lollies, 84 cals!!!
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I just made frozen jellies fat-free pudding pops for 40 calories a piece!
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    cross2bear wrote: »
    If you like crispy snacks, Special K cracker chips are something I have every night to ease my no potato chip blues - 20 grams for 80 calories, and they come in chip flavours, like bbq, salt and vinegar, sour cream and dill, popcorn, plaint etc. Its just the right size serving for me to be satisfied and happy.

Try dipping the salt and vinegar Pop chips into Greek yogurt....it's sooooo good :love: it's like ruffles
  • 4jamaica
    4jamaica Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Since it's the summer, I have been snacking on watermelon with feta crumbles and a dash of basil. Sweet and salty.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Frozen grapes so yum.
  • __leis__
    __leis__ Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    sjgold123 wrote: »
    I love humous but even the reduced calorie is fairly high in calories any suggestions on a swap or variety that's lower?

@sjgold123 , have you tried making your own and using less oil? It's really simple to make. Sometimes I just mash chickpeas and put them on toast with lettuce, tomato salt and pepper.
  • sjgold123
    Options
    I haven't as I thought it was a faff and expensive unless making a large batch. The recipe I had was complicated but then again my favourite flavours areally Moroccan and sweet chilli.
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'm going to have to try that cauliflower you keep mentioning!!

. . . Tried it! It was delicious! For me, it's all about attitude. Cauliflower, until now, has always been a utilitarian vegetable, but my attitude has changed.
  • sjgold123
    Options
    Bump....solero approx 100cal. Or miniature for 60.