How Realistic is it

Options
To loose 14lbs in 6 weeks??

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Totally not realistic! And is that you in your profile pic? Then I recommend that you take a look at that profile pic again. :(

Why are you doing meal replacements to aid in weight loss?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/36933893#Comment_36933893
  • inezbruce
    inezbruce Posts: 110 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    The pic on my profile pic is pre 4 stone weight gain!! :(
  • futureicon
    futureicon Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure what Roxie is saying is that you can't afford to lose 14lbs based on your profile pic.
  • inezbruce
    Options
    Yes, that photograph is before I gained 66lbs!
  • RoxieDawn
    edited June 2016
    Options
    futureicon wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure what Roxie is saying is that you can't afford to lose 14lbs based on your profile pic.

Nope the other thread says she is trying to loose weight (exercise 4 times a week and use whey as meal replacements to aid in weight loss)..

Sorry weight gain in that picture.. maybe or not.. and if it is and you are trying to loose that weight gain.. I see something really wrong! You must of weighed 50 pounds before gaining 56 pounds..sigh
  • RoxieDawn
    edited June 2016
    Options
    inezbruce wrote: »

4 stone is 56 not 66 pounds. So what do you weigh now? So that we can clear about what we are trying to assist you with? Your weight ticker is not updated either so we go by what we see in your profile.

And steering anyone into unhealthy weight loss is against all that is right in the world and the rules here on MFP and also my moral rules.

In realality 14 pounds is still not realistic and very unhealthy.
  • inezbruce
    Options
    As I keep saying, the picture in my photo is a photograph of me before i gained 4 stones worth of weight!
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Nope. Not going to happen.
  • inezbruce
    Options

RoxieDawn wrote: »

4 stone is 56 not 66 pounds. So what do you weigh now? So that we can clear about what we are trying to assist you with? Your weight ticker is not updated either so we go by what we see in your profile.

And steering anyone into unhealthy weight loss is against all that is right in the world and the rules here on MFP and also my moral rules.

In realality 14 pounds is still not realistic and very unhealthy.

I weigh 176lbs now & I am 5'9
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    As I keep saying, the picture in my photo is a photograph of me before i gained 4 stones worth of weight!

so what are your current stats OP?
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Why do you need to lose 14 pounds in six weeks? Why the timeline?
  • marissalea93
    marissalea93 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Healthy weight loss ranges between 1-2 lbs per week. You shouldn't try to overdo that amount because you're more likely to keep it off it you slowly lose it in a healthy way versus crash dieting. Often enough you'll gain back the weight and sometimes even more when you go back to your normal habits and routine after a crash diet!
  • RoxieDawn
    edited June 2016
    Options
    If OP is 22 years old per the profile (unless this is different as well relative to current real life), how old or at what age was that profile picture taken?

Having a hard time understanding how someone with a beautiful thin body(but is underweight in this picture at 113 pounds compared to her current weight 179) as in the picture would gain 66 pounds.. and timing of the weight gain and under what circumstances .. perhaps medical condition? etc..
  • inezbruce
    Options
    emdeesea wrote: »
    Why do you need to lose 14 pounds in six weeks? Why the timeline?

I am going on Holiday!

• inezbruce
    Options
    If OP is 22 years old per the profile (unless this is different as well relative to current real life), how old or at what age was that profile picture taken?

Having a hard time understanding how someone with a beautiful thin body as in the picture would gain 66 pounds.. and timing of the weight gain and under what circumstances .. perhaps medical condition? etc..

Yes I am 22 years old, the photo taken I was 20!
  • RoxieDawn
    edited June 2016
    Options

Having a hard time understanding how someone with a beautiful thin body as in the picture would gain 66 pounds.. and timing of the weight gain and under what circumstances .. perhaps medical condition? etc..

OP, I am just trying to understand.. that is all. 2 years to put on 66 pounds seems like a lot when you were so underweight..

But in any case.. why the timing on this?

OP, you do what ever it is that you need to, I have been trying to stay on this thread to understand what type of case you have and understand all the real facts when trying to respond?

Others can go ahead and tell you that you can loose it or it is not healthy and what not. Just be sensible about your decisions and choices you make. Good luck with all of this!
  • inezbruce
    Options

OP, I am just trying to understand.. that is all. 2 years to put on 66 pounds seems like a lot when you were so underweight..

It may seem hard to believe but it is true.
    I wasn't underweight in the photograph, I was 10 stones which is healthy for my height.
    I am going on holiday and just want to feel good within myself.
    Others are advising me that I can loose 1-2 lbs a week so I will work towards that and hope for the best :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

I wasn't underweight in the photograph, I was 10 stones which is healthy for my height.
    Others are advising me that I can loose 1-2 lbs a week so I will work towards that and hope for the best :)

so you were 140lbs in that picture, and you're now 200lbs?

if you're going from eating at maintenance to a deficit then its possible to lose 14lbs on the basis that a proportion will be water to start with.
  • RoxieDawn
    edited June 2016
    Options

so you were 140lbs in that picture, and you're now 200lbs?

if you're going from eating at maintenance to a deficit then its possible to lose 14lbs on the basis that a proportion will be water to start with.

Agreed!

edited to add: OP stated 179 pounds is what she weighs now, you take a away the 66 pounds she said she gained, she weighed 113 in that picture.. Something is off on OP's numbers.. If she weighed 10 stone (140 and gained 66 pounds she now weighs 206)..